Chapter 41

On the way down the mountain, Huo Aowu cut down some miscellaneous trees and picked up some dead branches to make firewood.

He carried a large basket of firewood on his back, a pheasant and hare in his left hand, and a bag of peaches in his right hand. Ruan Yimian tugged at the corner of his clothes and wanted to help, so he held the egg box for him.

With Huo Aowu's strength, it was not very strenuous to lift these things, but Ruan Yimian still felt a little distressed when he saw it. After returning, he ran back and forth to fetch him water and fan him.

Huo Aowu felt so sweet that he took the person into his arms and sat down: "Are you tired? Stop working so hard and take a rest."

Ruan Yimian was indeed a little tired, his face was flushed, and the tip of his nose was sweating a little. He was pressed on his legs and had no strength to struggle.

However, he was afraid that Brother Huo would not take him with him next time, so he still held his head high and said bravely: "I'm not tired at all. It won't be a problem if I walk further."

A smile flashed in Huo Aowu's eyes, and he wiped his sweat with a handkerchief: "If you're not tired, come with me to rest for a while."

After spending more than two hours on the mountain, it was about midnight. The two sat and rested for a while, then got up to prepare dinner.

After dinner, Ruan Yimian went to take a bath, and Huo Aowu started to pack up the wild animals brought back from the mountain.

He fed the two chickens some rice bran and planned to raise them first and then kill them when they were ready to eat. I'm going back with Ruan Yimian tomorrow, so I just want to take one with me.

There is also a rabbit, which also needs to be dealt with.

This rabbit is fat, has smooth gray fur, and is relatively pure in color. It can be sold at a good price, but Huo Aowu is not prepared to sell it. He planned to keep the rabbit meat for his family to eat. Once the rabbit skin was tanned, he would make a scarf for his young husband to keep him warm when going out in winter.

Huo Aowu had just chopped the rabbit meat when Xu Qingshan came over.

Xu Qingshan put three oil-paper bags and a paper box on the table, grinned and said: "The well-drilling masters have been found. They will come over tomorrow afternoon. They need to detect the terrain before drilling the well. Then you can entertain them." one time?"

Huo Aowu nodded: "Okay."

Xu Qingshan was still a little worried: "You have to accompany Brother Mian back home tomorrow, right? Don't just focus on your young husband and forget about digging the well! The weather has been getting worse and worse these days. It's getting hot, so we need to dig the well earlier."

Huo Aowu stopped what he was doing and glanced up at him, a little impatiently.

Xu Qingshan waved his hands and begged for mercy: "Okay, okay, just remember!" After saying that, he muttered in a low voice: "I will leave all the smiles to your brother Mian, my apprentice is really worthless!"

As soon as he finished speaking, a bowl of rabbit meat was handed to him, and he suddenly had no complaints at all: "Oh, my master treats me well!"

Xu Qingshan smiled happily and walked away happily holding the bowl of rabbit meat.

Huo Aowu salted the remaining bowl of rabbit meat.

I think I'm going to have dinner at Ruan's house tomorrow, so I'll take this rabbit meat with me.