Chapter 72

Brother Cheng was determined to pursue Wu Junhao, and Yu Peilan was beaten and scolded. Brother Cheng listened in one ear and out the other, but he just didn't listen to his mother.

Yu Peilan really had nothing to do with him, so she had to let him go.

The cook of the escort agency was already on holiday. Huo Aowu and Ruan Yimian took Lu Caimei and the others to a small restaurant outside for lunch.

It was a rare trip to the county for my mother and my second aunt, so Ruan Yimian originally wanted to take them to Yuji Restaurant for a good meal. But the two sisters-in-law were used to being thrifty. When they heard that Ruan Yimian wanted to invite them to a restaurant for dinner, they waved their hands and refused to go.

On the contrary, this cheap and delicious little restaurant made them feel relaxed and happy while they were there.

Ruan Yihan also came over in the afternoon. Business was good at the end of the year. She and Ruan Yiquan were still doing business these days.

Ruan Yiquan's wedding date has been set, just after the spring plowing next year. Now he and Ruan Yihan are very motivated and want to build a new house before the wedding so that the bride can live in a more spacious place.

But today is the last day, and tomorrow the two siblings will have to put down their work and go home to prepare for the New Year with their families.

After calculating all the rouge money with Ruan Yimian these days, Ruan Yihan went back with Lu Caimei and the others.

On the second day, Ruan Yimian and Lin Qiu distributed New Year's money to Yuan Chun and Bai Tang, and Qiu Yi Pavilion also temporarily closed down.

Huo Aowu's donkey cart was used by the Ruan family, and he drove the escort carriage to take Ruan Yimian and Lin Qiu home.

There were only three days left before the Chinese New Year. Huo Aowu started tidying up the house and cleaning as soon as he got home. Ruan Yimian's body is no longer seriously injured, but his brother Huo still doesn't trust him to work, and only assigned him a small amount of work to clean the table and hand out rags.

Huo Aowu worked quickly. Their house was not big, so he cleaned it up in one day.

The two posted the couplets sent by Ruan Yiwen and hung up the red lanterns they bought specially, and the festive atmosphere at home became intense.

It hasn't snowed yet this winter, but it's still a bit cold.

Afraid of freezing his young husband, Huo Aowu lit a charcoal basin and a charcoal stove in the house. The water heated by the charcoal stove can be used to make tea for him twice, and can also be poured into Ruan Yimian's hand stove. It will never be wasted.

Everything is fine at home, but the house is a bit dilapidated. There is no need to worry about poisoning from burning charcoal, but Huo Aowu is still thinking about whether to rebuild the house again?

Speaking with Ruan Yimian, Ruan Yimian was also a little hesitant.

Qiu Yi Pavilion has been open for nearly five months and has earned between four and five hundred taels of silver, of which Ruan Yimian and Lin Qiu each received 180 taels, Wu Junhao received 40 taels, and the rest was put in the shop for turnover.

The escort agency made more money. Huo Aowu got two hundred taels just from the competition with Boss Kou, and the rest of the orders, big and small, added up, and he got nearly three hundred taels.

However, he also spent a lot of money. Just buying the jade pendant for Ruan Yimian cost him more than fifty taels. On weekdays, he eats all kinds of snacks without interruption. Everything is picked out and bought for his young husband, which costs a lot of money.