Chapter 11

Today's division of labor is faster than last time. The sun has not yet set. Ruan Yimian has made fifty sheets of cotton rouge, and another eighty sheets have been soaked, but they have not yet been completely dried.

After moving all the cotton rouge to his brother's house, Ruan Yimian went to help in the kitchen.

Today I am going to treat my second uncle and his family to dinner. Lu Caimei is in charge of the cooking and Ruan Yimian is helping out.

When I asked someone to buy oil paper in the morning, I asked him to buy a piece of meat.

Cao Chunfeng and her family are the only meat sellers in the village. The Ruan family has such a bad relationship with her now that they have no choice but to go to the town to buy meat.

Uncle Ruan's family has helped many times. Ruan Yimian made money this time to thank them, so naturally he had to come up with some good dishes. Not only did I buy meat, I also used two large bowls of soybeans and went to Aunt Du's house in the village to exchange for a bowl of tofu.

Lu Caimei made a dish of braised pork with fresh bamboo shoots, a dish of pickled cabbage and tofu soup, a dish of scrambled eggs with Chinese toon, a dish of cold bracken, and steamed sweet potato and chestnut rice. It was quite a sumptuous meal for entertaining guests at the farmhouse.

When the meal was almost ready, Ruan Dexian also came back from the fields. He put down the hoe in his hand, washed his hands again, and went to Ruan Deming's house to invite them over for dinner.

Lu Caimei's cooking skills are pretty good, and today's ingredients are good. Everyone is very satisfied with the meal. Everyone was so full after eating that there was no soup left at all.

During the meal, when they talked about what happened on the mountain today, Yu Peilan and Lu Caimei scolded Cao Chunfeng with the same hatred.

It was getting late, so Yu Peilan and the others didn't stay long after dinner. They sat for a while and then went back.

After a tiring day, Ruan Yimian also rested early.

*

Early the next morning, Ruan Yimian was awakened by the movement outside. It was just dawn, and there was a lot of noise outside. It seemed that many people were talking, some were crying, and some were laughing. It was hard to hear what was being said from a distance, but I could only feel the excitement of those people.

Ruan Yimian was a little tired yesterday. Lu Caimei asked him not to get up and make breakfast today, but he didn't expect to be able to sleep in.

Lu Caimei went out to inquire about it, and found out that the people who went to the border to join the army had returned.

"I finally got my son back. Everyone was so excited, crying and laughing at the same time. You Aunt Zhang is such a calm person, and she hugged your brother Qingshan and cried for a long time today!"

Lu Caimei changed her subject and said to her son: "The rest of the people are back, but you, Brother Huo, haven't arrived yet. I heard that Brother Qingshan said that he was delayed by something in the county. I don't know what it was, and it will take a few days." Woolen cloth?"

It stands to reason that Huo Aowu will not come back for more than a month! Ruan Yimian had already been mentally prepared and was not surprised. He only concentrated on making his rouge.

Unexpectedly, Huo Aowu arrived at Shanliu Village on the second day without waiting for a month.

Ruan Yimian was doing embroidery work in the house at noon when she heard her mother shouting outside: "Brother Mian, come out quickly, your brother is back!"