Chapter 56

The person who delivered the message for Ruan Yihan was a merchant who was familiar with Ruan Yiquan. He said that Ruan Yihan looked haggard and in poor spirits. He also gently reminded Ruan Deming and Yu Peilan that Ruan Yihan seemed to have been hit hard this time and might not be able to think clearly.

A few years ago in Shanliu Village, there was a brother who married to another village. After a falling out with his in-laws, he was so angry that he threw himself into a river. If he hadn't been lucky enough to be rescued, he would have died.

Everyone in the village knows this.

Yu Peilan was completely panicked. She couldn't wait for Ruan Yiquan to come back, so she hurried over to ask Ruan Yimian for help. Ruan Deming agreed with his daughter's divorce this time, but Yu Peilan could no longer trust him.

The reason why Huo Aowu was asked for help was because the people who could open the escort agency were extraordinary. Ordinary people would not dare to mess with ordinary escorts, let alone the owner of the escort agency. Secondly, Huo Aowu was decisive and ruthless. Anyone could be persuaded by the Liu family, but Huo Aowu certainly would not.

However, precisely because of his temper, Yu Peilan did not dare to tell him directly, but instead approached Ruan Yimian.

Who in Shanliu Village doesn't know that Huo Aowu obeys his young husband in everything? Huo Aowu had nothing to say about what Ruan Yimian agreed to do.

Unexpectedly, Wu Junhao was not around this time, and Huo Aowu had to guard the escort office and couldn't get away. And Ruan Yimian, who was considered fragile in the eyes of everyone, took the matter on himself without thinking.

Although she was embarrassed to say it, Yu Peilan was really not at ease.

"Brother Mian, it's not that my second aunt can't trust you, it's that you've never traveled far. It takes a day or two to ride an oxcart from our place to Lantian Town. My second aunt is afraid that your body won't be able to bear it!"

She said it politely, but Ruan Yimian's more than a month in Qiuyi Pavilion was not in vain. He could tell Yu Peilan's worries at a glance.

"Second Aunt, the doctor said that my illness has basically recovered, and now I am no different from an ordinary little brother. And if I go by donkey cart, I don't have to walk, so I won't be too tired."

Ruan Yimian gave his second aunt a reassurance pill in a gentle voice: "I plan to ask Brother Qingshan to go with me. With him here, the Liu family will not dare not let him go."

Yu Peilan's eyes lit up, and she felt really relieved now.

Xu Qingshan is a servant of the county government. No matter how domineering the Liu family is, an ordinary family would never dare to offend Xu Qingshan.

If Ruan Yimian hadn't mentioned it, Yu Peilan would never have thought that she could ask Xu Qingshan for help. But she thought about it, and it was useless. Even if Xu Qingshan could say nice things, the relationship between their two families would not be enough to make Xu Qingshan abandon his errand and take this trip.

Now it seems that Brother Mian is smart and considerate of his cousin. Maybe if he is allowed to pass, it will really work out.

Yu Peilan thanked Ruan Yimian repeatedly: "Brother Mian, I really want to thank you this time. Your cousin and I will always remember your kindness."

As she spoke, Yu Peilan's eyes turned red again: "Second Aunt is useless, I have to leave this matter to you. You are in better health, but you have to run around for your cousin. Second Aunt is really sorry."