Chapter 71

The New Year is approaching, and the brothers, sisters, women and husbands in the city all hope to dress up decently on this annual big day and look good when they go out to visit relatives.

Then they all cheered up and went to the cloth shop to buy cloth to make new clothes, and came to the rouge shop to pick up rouge and buy balm.

Qiuyi Pavilion's business has reached its peak again.

Although Yuan Chun talks sharply, he is still a man and cannot help customers try on makeup. Bai Tang can't do it alone. Ruan Yimian and Lin Qiu were busy making rouge and going to Qiuyi Pavilion to help.

The work of making rouge involves rouge recipes, so it is not easy to let outsiders do it. They wanted to hire someone to help in the shop, but this person was not someone they could hire.

The helper must be a younger brother or sister, good at dressing up, and must have a good appearance and smooth skin.

Most of the people introduced by the dental shop are people from poor families. Many of them don't wear makeup on weekdays. How can they put makeup on for others?

Ruan Yimian told the people at the dental shop and asked them to help keep an eye on it, but it has been a month and they still haven't found a suitable one.

Lin Qiu wanted to hire people first and then teach them slowly, or maybe bring Brother Cheng over to make up the numbers.

Brother Cheng is very interested in dressing up, and from time to time he asks Brother Mianmian and Lin Qiu for advice. However, he has strange taste, and Ruan Yimian is afraid that he will be careless and scare the guests, so he is still hesitant to agree to Lin Qiu's proposal.

Now that no one has been hired, the two brothers have no choice but to work harder on their own.

Ruan Yimian was doing rouge in the side hall in the backyard of the escort agency in the morning, and went to Qiuyi Pavilion to help entertain the guests in the afternoon. Only in the evening did he know that the escort team that went to Haining City was back.

Every time a escort team comes back from a long trip, the escort agency will hold a banquet to celebrate. But this time when Xuchang and the others came back, the food at the Escort Bureau was still the same as before. Wu Junhao didn't invite everyone to eat together, and Xuchang didn't even show up in the dining hall.

Ruan Yimian was a little surprised, couldn't help but asked, curious.

Huo Aowu gave him a piece of ribs and said calmly: "Xuchang is seasick and he hasn't recovered yet."

When Xuchang invited himself to Haining that day, Ruan Yimian was also present. Xuchang clearly said that he had experience traveling by water before applying to Haining. Why did he still get seasick?

Seeing the confusion on his young husband's face, Huo Ao told him about the Xuchang escort team.

Xuchang did go through waterways twice, but they were both on inland rivers, not very far. This time he entered the sea and it was no longer possible. He was so dizzy that he started vomiting not long after getting on the boat.

This time the escort team escorted Yu Ji's manager to Haining City to get the goods. The journey there went smoothly without any problems. Although Xuchang's seasickness surprised everyone, it didn't have any impact.

But on the way back, they met a water thief.

Xuchang felt unwell because of seasickness, so he went back to the cabin to rest early. When the water thieves boarded the boat, he was deeply asleep and did not notice it. It was the deputy escort chief Yuan Qi who led several bodyguards to repel the water thieves.