Chapter 135

After the full moon feast, a few more days passed.

Early that morning, Rao Qiaoyun and the village chief brought a group of thirteen- and fourteen-year-old boys and sisters to the Huo family.

These boys and girls had all studied in village schools and passed the tests of the masters.

Ruan Yimian has long said that in the future Qiuyi Pavilion and Rouge Workshop will recruit people from the village. ??Now these two places are short of people. The students of the village school have also been studying for half a year. It is time to redeem their previous promises. ?

In the main room, three long tables are arranged vertically. Twelve students, four at each table, sit at a certain distance and answer questions facing the question board in front of them.

The village chief and Li Chun were in charge of invigilating the examination.

The questions were asked by Ruan Yimian. There were three arithmetic questions and two answer questions. They were not too profound, but they were all questions that were often encountered when working in Qiu Yi Pavilion.

It mainly tests the students' computing ability and their attitude and methods of dealing with emergencies.

The questions on these papers are only the first round. Students who pass the exam have to go to the side hall to be questioned by Ruan Yimian and Rao Qiaoyun. After passing both rounds, they can go to Qiuyi Pavilion or Rouge Workshop to work.

Both Qiuyi Pavilion and Rouge Workshop are famous for their good treatment, especially Qiuyi Pavilion. Not only the salary is high, but also money and gifts are given during the holidays. The money saved can range from as little as a hundred cents to as much as one or two taels of silver; the festive gifts include chicken, duck, fish, meat, candies and snacks, which are good things that villagers are reluctant to buy on weekdays.

In addition, the guys at Qiuyi Pavilion also have free rouge cream to use, beautiful uniform clothes to wear, and the work is not tiring.

These benefits have been widely publicized by Brother Cheng, and the boy in Qiuyi Pavilion has become the most desirable job among the brothers and sisters in the village.

The work in the rouge workshop is more tiring, but it is close to home, and you can still take care of the family's work after work. And you get paid according to the amount of work you do, which is very fair.

The brothers and sisters who have worked in the rouge workshop in the past two years have not only improved the situation at home, but also saved a considerable dowry for themselves, which is also very enviable.

The Rouge Workshop has recruited people at the village school twice, and this is the first time for Qiuyi Pavilion. Moreover, the recruits this time are said to be trained as shopkeepers and managers if they do well, so the students from the village school are still Their families take them very seriously.

Today, many villagers came to watch the fun. They were sitting in the yard and talking about it. They were all guessing which family's child would pass the school examination and be selected by Ruan Yimian.

Those who have children at home who took part in the exams all looked proud, and many of them prayed silently in their hearts, hoping that their children would pass the exam.

The boys who were about to take the imperial examination had not finished yet, so these girls and boys had a taste of what it was like to take the exam.

Because the village school is a elimination system, those with weak qualifications will be eliminated in the big test after entering school and lose the opportunity to study. There will be another major exam every two months, and several students will be eliminated each time, so most of the students who remain are students with high understanding and hard work.