Chapter 26

As soon as Huo Aowu said these words, everyone looked at each other and became quiet.

After a while, Ruan Dexian finally said: "But if this happens, I'm afraid it will be difficult for you to kiss me in the future."

Lu Caimei continued: "Uncle Ruan is right. Although our families are poor, as long as they still have food to eat, they will not wrong their brothers and sisters and let them marry a man who cares about someone else. If you..."

She wanted to say that if you really like Brother Mian, you might as well get married to him, but after looking at Ruan Yimian, Lu Caimei swallowed the rest of her words.

Ever since she learned from Ruan Yiwen that Huo Aowu might like their little brother, Lu Caimei paid special attention to Huo Aowu.

During these days, she saw Huo Aowu's care and protection for Ruan Yimian, and she became more and more satisfied with it. But after all, Huo Aowu didn't express his feelings, and her youngest son had just broken off the engagement with someone else. It was the time to attract criticism. Even if he wanted to propose marriage to Huo Aowu, it was Huo Aowu who should take the initiative.

Moreover, Lu Caimei couldn't understand her little brother's thoughts. He treated Huo Aowu well, but every time she tried to tease him, Brother Mian looked like he didn't understand. He didn't know how he treated Huo Aowu. Does that really mean...

Lu Caimei was worried, but Ruan Yiwen was much more decisive. He turned his head and looked at his younger brother: "Brother Mian, do you still have feelings for Jiang Qingyao now?"

Ruan Yimian was in a mess at the moment. First he was slandered, and then his brother Huo had to take charge of the matter alone. Soon his brother asked about Jiang Qingyao.

Facing everyone's gaze, Ruan Yimian shook his head intuitively before he could think about it: "No more."

"Then what do you think of your brother Huo?"

Ruan Yimian really didn't expect that his brother would ask him this question in front of the whole family and Brother Cheng. His face turned red with embarrassment, he glanced at Huo Aowu sheepishly, and after meeting Huo Aowu's burning eyes, he lowered his head timidly.

"Huo, Brother Huo, it's very good, but..."

Ruan Yimian stammered for half a sentence before being interrupted by his brother.

"In that case, then you should get engaged to Ao Wu!"

Ruan Yiwen's words were not surprising and he kept saying: "You have made an engagement, and those people's mouths will be blocked. You are going to get married in the future, so what's the problem if the two families are more frequent now?"

"It's easy to explain what happened in the past. Let's just say that Brother Mian and Ao Wu were just pure brothers in the past. They got engaged with the help of their parents after they broke off their engagement with the Jiang family. If it's true as they said, Ao Wu Brother Wu Tongmian has been in dispute for a long time. It was obviously our fault. Why did Jiang Qingyao come here to apologize again and again? The matter of breaking off the engagement was even easier to explain. Mrs. Lin made such nonsense in our house at the beginning, saying that she wanted to give Jiang Qingyao money. On the day of marrying a concubine, not only our family was present, but there was also a matchmaker! Invite the matchmaker over, and then take out the proof of the betrothal gift. We don't need to explain more about whether it is fair or unfair. "

After he finished speaking, there was silence in the hall.

Ruan Yimian just felt that he was confused and could not turn around: "You don't have to get engaged, right? You can't stay with Brother Huo for the rest of your life just for the sake of my reputation!"