Chapter 17

Ruan Dexian and Lu Caimei were very happy to know about Mian Yanzhi when they came back, but when they learned that Ruan Yimian had borrowed money from Huo Aowu again, they disagreed a little.

"If we don't have enough money to buy raw materials, we can also think of other ways to borrow them elsewhere. We haven't paid back the money we owe you Brother Huo for the medicine, so why should we ask him to borrow money again?" Ruan Dexian frowned and taught him a lesson. son.

Lu Caimei was always reluctant to talk about him, but now she agreed: "Your father is right, if you want to borrow money, you shouldn't have to do it alone, Brother Huo."

Ruan Yimian felt a little aggrieved, but he was embarrassed to say that his brother Huo insisted on lending it to him.

He thought for a while and said to his parents: "It is indeed inappropriate to trouble Brother Huo several times. Can I give him 10% of the profit from selling cotton rouge next time?"

Ruan Yimian's suggestion surprised Ruan Dexian and his wife. After thinking about it for a while, he both felt that this was a good idea. It could not only solve his family's urgent needs, but also give Huo Aowu something in return. Finally, he didn't let others lend them money in vain.

After he nodded twice, the matter was settled.

Ruan Yimian discussed buying raw materials with them again.

Now that most of the wild vegetables in the mountains have been dug up, those in the village who are in need have begun to pick pomegranate flowers.

After Ruan Yimian discussed with his parents, they decided to ask the villagers to collect the pomegranate flowers this time.

I still have cotton cloth at home, and Ruan Yiquan bought some again this time, so I don't need to buy any more during this period. I ran out of alum and oil paper last time, so I had to buy new ones this time.

In addition, to make rouge paste, you also need to prepare comfrey, beeswax, osmanthus oil, charcoal stove, earthen pot, box for rouge paste and other items.

It will probably take a day or two to prepare these things. It happened that Ruan Yiquan said that he would rest at home for a few more days, so that Ruan Yimian didn't have to worry and it would be okay to start again in two days. Ruan Yimian decided to go to his brother Huo to help tomorrow.

Because there were a lot of things and the recipe for rouge cream was involved, Ruan Dexian was asked to buy it in person this time, while Lu Caimei went to the villagers to collect pomegranate flowers.

*

The next day, Ruan Dexian went to the town to buy raw materials early in the morning. After breakfast, Ruan Yimian followed Huo Aowu out.

Although they had gotten to know each other a lot in the past few days, Ruan Yimian was still a little embarrassed when they were walking alone on the road. Fortunately, it was still early in the morning and there were no people on the road.

Ruan Yimian took a step behind, following his brother Huo.

Huo Aowu was tall and had long legs, and he walked fast. When he realized that the person next to him was breathing a little heavily, he suddenly stopped.

"Slow down."

His Adam's apple rolled twice, and he looked at the little brother next to him who was blushing from anxiety, and touched his nose uncomfortably.

Ruan Yimian almost bumped into him. After steadying his steps, he responded crisply: "Hey, okay."

When they got there, Huo Aowu first sent Ruan Yimian to Xu Qingshan's house next door. Ruan Yimian couldn't do heavy work, so it was okay to help Xu Qingshan's mother light a fire and cut vegetables.

Xu Qingshan's maiden name was Zhang, and Ruan Yimian called her "Aunt Zhang".

Because of long-term hard work, Aunt Zhang looks older than her peers. She has two deep nasolabial lines on her face and her face is a bit serious. But she was a kind person, and even though she was in jail, she did not hesitate to show her kindness. Not only did she help Huo Aowu's mother, she was also the one who helped Lu Caimei when Cao Chunfeng deliberately made trouble that day, and she was the one who asked Cao Chunfeng to exchange spring bamboo shoots for pomegranate flowers.

Seeing Ruan Yimian coming over, she moved a chair over for him to sit on: "It's still early, let's take a rest first."

Xu Qingshan had just finished eating. When he saw them coming, he greeted them with a grin: "Master, I'll be fine soon!"

They sat for a while, and the rest of the people who came to help repair the house also arrived. Huo Aowu saw that everyone was here, so he took them to his house.

Before leaving, he told Ruan Yimian: "Rest when you are tired and don't show off."

Ruan Yimian nodded honestly: "Okay."

Seemingly worried, Huo Aowu turned back three times with each step, walking much slower than in the morning.

After he left, Aunt Zhang said calmly: "Brother Huo came over yesterday and told me not to let you do heavy work. I'll wait for him to do any strenuous work."

Ruan Yimian was a little embarrassed, blushing and whispered: "I'm not that fragile..."

Aunt Zhang smiled and said nothing more.

After resting for a while, Ruan Yimian saw Aunt Zhang starting to choose vegetables, so he moved a chair over to help.

People in the village help each other with work and do not receive wages, but the host family has to provide a meal.

In addition to Xu Qingshan, Huo Aowu also invited five brothers to help this time. They are all young and strong men who have a big appetite. Huo Aowu was generous and prepared many dishes, and also bought a piece of ribs and two chickens.

They started working in the morning, had a meal here at noon, worked for two hours after the meal, and then went home.

The main body of Huo Aowu's house is still in good condition. He only needs to replace the beams and thatch on the roof, renovate the walls, and repair the broken furniture in the house. Ruan Yimian heard that they can do it in two days. It's over.

Huo Aowu was able to take out twenty taels of silver notes from his pocket. Ruan Yimian felt that he could actually knock down the house and build a new one, but Huo Aowu only said that he wanted to repair it, maybe he had other plans.

After selecting the beans, leeks, and chrysanthemums for lunch, Xu's mother began to chop chicken and ribs. Ruan Yimian took out the sweet potatoes and radishes she had prepared, washed them, peeled them, and cut them into pieces.

Xu Qingshan has a large iron pot at home, which he bought after returning from the army. Ruan Yimian washed the chestnuts, put them in an iron pot, and steamed the sweet potato pieces on top of the rice.

Xu's mother worked quickly and chopped the ribs and chicken in a short time. After the rice and sweet potatoes were steamed, she put them into a clean wooden basin, freed up the pot and started cooking.

The two of them worked together and soon the meal was ready.

Huo Aowu and the others had been working all morning and were a little hungry. When the time came and smelled the aroma of the food, they came to eat by themselves without Ruan Yimian calling.

Several men who came to help were all villagers who had joined the army with Huo Aowu. They greeted Ruan Yimian warmly when they saw him. However, when they sat down to eat, they tacitly ignored the empty seat next to Ruan Yimian and occupied other seats. Sat down.

Ruan Yimian happened to be too embarrassed to sit with unfamiliar people. After Huo Aowu sat down next to him, he quietly breathed a sigh of relief.