Chapter 36

Since knowing the background of the Jiang family, Ruan Yiwen has studied harder and harder.

Now a delicate balance has been formed between the Ruan family and the Jiang family. Both sides have scruples and can't do anything about the other. But once he or Jiang Qingyao become an official in the imperial examination, this balance may be broken.

If he wanted to protect his family, he had to get ahead of Jiang Qingyao and climb to a higher position.

Ruan Yimian made some money these days and asked Huo Aowu to give his brother money twice. The situation at home was getting better, and Ruan Yiwen no longer had any worries, so he devoted all his energy to his studies. His previous work of copying books and writing letters for others stopped.

When I study hard, the days go by very fast. In the blink of an eye, the day when my brother gets married is approaching.

After school that day, Ruan Yiwen and his wife took leave of absence and took a bullock cart home at the city gate.

It was already dusk when I got home, and the house was a little dark as the oil lamp was not lit.

As soon as he entered the main room, he saw his brother holding the door behind him and seemed to be picking up the soles of his shoes. Ruan Yiwen raised his eyebrows and said nothing. He approached on tiptoe and patted his shoulder: "It's so dark and you don't light the lamp. If you go blind, you won't be able to shed your tears!"

Ruan Yiwen deliberately made trouble and waited for his brother to curse in a soft voice. Unexpectedly, after waiting for a long time, the man did not move.

Maybe he had damaged someone by photographing him. He was startled and hurriedly went around to see his brother. I never expected that when I lowered my head, I would see a "grimace" with crooked eyes, a slanted mouth, and a tongue hanging out.

He was unprepared and took a step back in fright, falling flat on the ground.

"Hahahaha!" The man sitting there now returned to his normal appearance and was laughing so hard.

Ruan Yiwen has never been so deflated in his life. He looked up angrily and saw that the brother in front of him was handsome and handsome, with a pair of fox eyes that looked both smart and proud. He had a completely different appearance from his younger brother.

Seeing the smiling face of the little brother, the anger in his heart disappeared somehow.

"Brother, why are you sitting on the ground?" Ruan Yimian came in from the door carrying a small basket.

Ruan Yiwen didn't have the shame to say that he was not scary, but he was scared by others, so he had to force a smile and said: "What, the ground is cool."

Lin Qiu covered her mouth, overjoyed.

Ruan Yiwen was very busy after coming back.

In the days leading up to the wedding, the two newlyweds were not allowed to meet each other, so Huo Aowu had not been to Ruan's house for a few days. The Ruan family has lost such a labor force and has more chores to prepare for getting married, so everyone is very busy.

His younger brother kept asking him to deliver things to Huo Aowu, and Ruan Yiwen became more anxious to marry his younger brother.

On June 16, Ruan Yimian and Huo Aowu got married.

Shanliu Village became lively early in the morning. Both families held banquets. Many people in the village were familiar with the Ruan family and the Huo family, so they could have two wedding banquets today.