Chapter 123

But it was said that Meng Hualiang left Ruan Yiwen's inn and took the book boy back to his own inn. When passing by the house next door, he heard voices coming from inside.

It seemed that there were several scholars talking about taking the exam. The center of the conversation was none other than the leader of this trial—Jiang Qingyao.

Meng Hualiang paused and immediately stopped. He first signaled the scholar to be silent, then quietly approached the room.

"He is indeed a talented person. I have seen all the people who are in the front row for this exam, and Mr. Jiang is the most handsome one."

"Everyone outside said that he has the talent of being the number one scholar. I wonder if Your Majesty will select him as the number one scholar because of his outstanding appearance?"

"I don't know why, but I always feel that Mr. Jiang looks a bit like the former prefect of our mansion."

"Eh? When you say that, I feel a bit similar. What a coincidence, his surname is also Jiang!"

"Don't talk nonsense. Magistrate Jiang was imprisoned for accepting bribes. If Jiang Qingyao were his heir, he wouldn't be able to take part in the imperial examination!"

"Yes, yes, yes, stop talking, or you will get angry! If he is really a descendant of Magistrate Jiang, he will be imprisoned, let alone the top scorer!"

Meng Hualiang had no intention of listening to what else those people behind him said. His heart was beating very fast and his eyes were wild. He managed to hide his excitement and took the bookboy back to his room.

After getting up this morning, Ruan Yiwen freshened up and changed into a satin cotton robe.

Today he is going to Qiao Mansion to visit Mr. Qiao. Yesterday Meng Hualiang came over for this reason.

It was different from the first time I came to Beijing. After the examination results were released, my visit to Qiao Mansion had another layer of meaning.

When you first came to the capital, you could say you were thanking your mentor. After the examination results were released, most of those who won the tributes would become officials in the future. Now, visiting Qiao Mansion would feel like taking sides.

In recent years, the partisanship between North Korea and China has intensified, and Ruan Yiwen is actually impatient to get involved in these matters.

"Being a farmer in the morning and ascending to the emperor's hall in the evening", which scholar does not have the ambition to assist the king and help the world and the people?

It turns out that Ruan's family is poor and Ruan Yimian is sick and weak. He doesn't care about these ideals and ambitions. He just wants to change the family situation, cure his brother's disease, and let his parents live a good life.

In the past few years, the Ruan family has been getting better and better year by year. He watched his brother and Huo Aowu change the lives of everyone in Shanliu Village little by little, and it was impossible to say that he was not touched in his heart.

The ambitions that had been buried deep in his heart for a long time, which sounded a bit vague, gradually became clear again.

Ruan Yiwen just wanted to do something practical for Da Chu and the people, but it would be difficult for children from a poor family like them without any foundation to gain a foothold in the government. If they continued to be alone and did not accept the olive branches of others, it was very likely that both parties would end up losing their jobs. To please, become a victim of the struggle between various forces.