Chapter 97

As for the Zhenwu Escort Agency, Wu Junhao was still worried that the Guangyuan Escort Agency would affect their business. Unexpectedly, it does have an impact, but the impact is almost negligible.

When Guangyuan Escort Bureau first opened, it really attracted some attention.

Once you have the county magistrate as your backer, it will indeed be much easier to do things. No matter how arrogant the bandits are, they are still mortal bodies. They cherish their lives very much and generally will not go against the local officials.

So I asked the Guangyuan Escort Agency to help escort the escorts. At least in Wuyang County, I don't have to worry about bandits along the way.

Secondly, the rough stage of Guangyuan Escort Agency is very good for merchants.

You must know that Xuchang is not only the head escort from Zhenwu Escort Bureau, but he is also somewhat famous in Fucheng. Not to mention those officials who have quit the yamen, no matter which escort agency they go to, they are in demand.

When these people come together, they are attractive to businesses in Wuyang County.

But the Guangyuan Escort Agency itself failed to live up to expectations. As soon as it opened, it ruined its reputation because of some unsightly tricks. Later, it lost a number of customers because of price issues.

Zhenwu Escort Agency's commissions are the most expensive in Wuyang County. After the opening of Guangyuan Escort Agency, they were not to be outdone and set the price much higher than that of Zhenwu Escort Agency.

It cost a lot of money to recruit people from the Zhenwu Escort Agency and hire former yamen servants as escorts. Sun Yuanwai thought that the Guangyuan Escort Agency was no worse than the Zhenwu Escort Agency, and he was eager to earn back the money. The commission for escorting is high.

As a result, merchants who are ethical and do not want to be taken advantage of will avoid Guangyuan Escort Agency. Except for a few people who really trust them, most of them are people who want to curry favor with Mr. Sun and the county magistrate behind him.

This group of patrons kept the Guangyuan Escort Agency from running out of business, but apart from the fixed monthly wages, the escorts basically received no extra reward, and the entire Escort Agency remained in a state of survival.

At this level, it naturally poses no threat to Zhenwu Escort Agency.

However, they were worried that Sun Yuanwai would become angry and use dirty tricks against them, so Huo Aowu and Wu Junhao did not relax their vigilance, and even sent two bodyguards to Qiuyi Pavilion to guard them.

The escorts who went out for escorts were all warned to be extra careful outside; the escorts who stayed in Wuyang County were also led by Huo Aowu and Wu Junhao to strengthen their training.

In this way, another peaceful life passed without any problems.

At the end of March, Ruan Yimian received a letter from his brother.

Ruan Yiwen settled down in Fucheng and successfully entered Fucheng University. This time he wrote a letter to report that he was safe. There are two letters in total, one to the Ruan family and one to Lin Qiu.

When Ruan Yimian was sleeping at noon, he quietly complained to Huo Aowu.

"My parents and I plus you, four of us can write a letter, and Lin Qiu can write a letter alone. My brother is so partial!"

Huo Aowu: "It's indeed wrong. We should write five letters, one for each of us."

Ruan Yimian glanced at him suspiciously and said slowly: "Brother Huo, aren't you making fun of me?"