Chapter 19

After the house was repaired, Huo Aowu moved back to his home. He has nothing to do recently, and goes hunting in the mountains every other day. The prey he catches is divided into two, half is sold in the town, and the other half is sent to the Ruan family. Every time he came back from selling prey, he would also buy Ruan Yimian some snacks such as candies, cakes, and fruits.

He bought all Ruan Yimian's favorite foods. Ruan Yimian felt embarrassed, but his body couldn't resist the temptation of candy cakes. Every time he muttered "Brother Huo, eat it yourself", his hands stretched out involuntarily.

While he was scolding himself for being greedy, he made up his mind that after the rouge cream was sold, he would buy a gift for his brother Huo, and he couldn't just eat other people's food.

Lu Caimei deliberately brought Huo Aowu and her little brother together and asked him to come to her house for dinner every day as before, but Huo Aowu did not refuse.

That day, Lu Caimei saw that his clothes were torn, so she asked him to change them and brought them over for her to mend. When Huo Aowu brought the clean clothes over the next day, Lu Caimei was busy with household chores, so he casually put the clothes in the basket on the table.

Ruan Yimian drank medicine and ate two pieces of apricot candy at noon. When he saw Huo Aowu's clothes, he suddenly felt guilty.

His elder brother Huo was not willing to buy clothes for himself, but he was willing to buy him snacks every three days. Ruan Yimian silently took the clothes back to his room, threaded the needle and thread, and sewed them carefully.

When he was about to finish sewing, he heard a noise outside, which seemed to be a visitor at home. Ruan Yimian sewed the last few stitches, tied a knot, got up and walked into the main room.

As soon as he arrived at the door of the hall, he heard a familiar voice. Ruan Yimian stopped and did not go inside.

"It was my fault last time, 'poor parents in the world'. I only hope that Qingyao will marry a daughter-in-law who can support each other with him, so that his life will be easier and smoother in the future. But Yimian is not in good health, and I am really worried about Qingyao." You will suffer hardship if you marry him! Sister, you are also a mother, you should be able to understand me, right? I was also anxious and lost my mind, so I said those hurtful words!"

Mrs. Lin took Lu Caimei's hand and said with a sincere expression: "Now I know that Qingyao is very important to Yi Mian. If you are good to Yi Mian, you are good to him. If Yi Mian is not good, he will not get better! I will never be embarrassed again in the future. I'm so impressed."

"Sister, don't take it to heart about what happened last time. When Yi Mian comes in, I will definitely make it up to him! He is weak, so we will feed him well and never let him do anything. If he can live, if he spends more money and hires more doctors in the county or prefecture to treat him, he can be cured after all!"

Mrs. Lin thought that Lu Caimei and his wife would be moved after what she said, but she didn't expect that they still looked indifferent.

"I don't understand. I hope my child will be well, but I will never abuse other people's children just because of this!" Lu Caimei withdrew her hand with a straight face.

Ruan Dexian frowned: "The marriage has been cancelled. Brother Mian's body is no longer troublesome for Mrs. Lin to worry about. We will figure it out..."

Before he finished speaking, he caught a glimpse of his son standing at the door of the hall.

After being stunned for a moment, Ruan Dexian said to his son: "Brother Mian, since you are here, come in."