@ljthomas

jenalee28Pen Name: L.J. Thomas

Username: ljthomas

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

No, it isn't. I used a combination of real initials and family names.

How many books have you published till date?

I'm currently working on self-publishing my first novel, We Survivors. I've also posted some completed short stories to Wattpad.

What are your future projects?

Currently I'm working on publishing We Survivors and writing my YA fantasy, Songs of Snow. After that I'll be getting to work on the sequel to We Survivors.

What is writing to you?

Writing can be a great escape or way to work through things. I love creating new characters and worlds!

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

I've been starting (and not finishing) novels since I was nine years old (I'm 26 now), so it has been a passion for a while!

What genre books you like to work on?

Speculative fiction genres - science fiction and fantasy - are my favorite to write, and some of my favorites to read.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Mayyyybe. ;)

Then we would like to read a Historical Gothic genre book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

Fiction is so much fun - I think you can often explore universal truths better in fiction than non-fiction.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

A few favorites are S.A. Chakraborty, Katherine Arden, Agatha Christie, Kazuo Ishiguro, Eva Ibbotson, Alexandre Dumas, and Ray Bradbury.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

Nerdyna, jenalee28, Wimbug, and

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

The Series of Unfortunate Events Netflix series was pretty great!

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Emma Watson

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Count Olaf, to stick with the Lemony Snicket theme. Also Darth Vader and Scar.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

I enjoy traveling, hiking, swimming, and photography.

What are your hidden talents?

I work as a computer engineer, so I guess I'm pretty good at that?

Who is your first celebrity crush?

Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in A New Hope!

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

Wayyy too many to name.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Hmm... well, I've tried some crazy foods while traveling. Like haggis (it's gross!).

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but have no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

The only ways to get better at writing are to write more and read more! Get constructive feedback and use it to improve.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

No, not really, because I'm a horrible artist, so I wouldn't know where to start!

What do you feel about this interview?

It was fun! Hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about me. :)

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.