@twelvewonderingstars

Pen Name: Aurora Yeo

Username: twelvewonderingstars

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

It's not. but i also go by this name at my work place and some of my friends know me as "aurora" instead of my actual full legal name. I've always liked astrology and myth. it just seemed fitting. and no, it's not because of the princess.

How many books have you published till date?

More than 15, if i'm not mistaken. but I've taken some down from the various writing platforms due to editing reasons.

What are your future projects?

As of December 2019, i'm working on [dreamwalkers] which is a fantasy fiction loosely inspired by "alice in wonderland". i also have a romance story planned but that's not till late 2020, probably.

What is writing to you?

An escape, plain and simple. i severely detest my boring life and when i read/write, it feels as though I've lived through a thousand more interesting lifetimes.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

A little bit of both. I've never specifically WANTED to be a writer until I was in my teenage years. but as a child, I used to draw up comics in my spare time and had a whole collection.

What genre books you like to work on?

Personal preference is to write fantasy stories. I also like to write simple and sweet YA romance but with twists.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

It depends which genre! science fiction is probably a big no for me. I don't even like to read it, much less write. However, genres like thriller and suspense might be a challenge I don't mind taking up. after all, I sort of dabbled in it before. sort of.

Then we would love to read a Gothic Suspense book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

It's an escape. and as you say, it's a beautiful fantasy for you to live in. there are so many things that will NEVER be possible in real life but nothing is impossible in a story. that's the charm of writing fiction. as for non-fiction, i'm probably not the best person to answer this question since i neither read nor write non-fiction.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

hepburnettes . Nowadays, i don't think i have a favorite writer outside wattpad...

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

trinitystories_xo and shevvie  .

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

it's a Chinese series! mo dao zu shi........ honestly didn't think i would like it as much as i did.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

None in particular. i don't stan any celebrity, to be frank.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Maven from "red queen". still feel betrayed.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

I like to draw and i occasionally sing at karaokes with my friends.

What are your hidden talents?

None. i'm a rather boring person.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

Cameron boyce. forever and always.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

There's so many. but mainly it's just how i act around people (excessively childish and cringey). i look back and die from embarrassment all the time. i wish i could erase those dark times. yikes.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Does cheating in tests count? i got caught for it before HAHAHA. please don't learn from me. cheating is bad.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

It takes time. when you've posted your first draft online, submitted your first manuscript to an editor, it might not gain traction immediately. success isn't immediate. but be patient and continue to perfect your craft. you'll get better, you'll get more popular, you'll get there.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

I want to (and i did as a child though they were horrid)! but i can't draw males that well. maybe if an artist is willing to collaborate with me? or when i perfect my art skills.

What do you feel about this interview?

Always a pleasure to answer some questions. it's fun sharing my thoughts and experiences so thank you for having me!

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.