@littleLo

Pen Name: Laura Bell

Username: littleLo

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

No, it's not my legal name. Charlotte Brontë's pen name was Curer Bell, so I took inspiration from her.

How many books have you published till date?

I have 20 novels published on Wattpad. More that I have taken down, and more than I am working on.

What are your future projects?

I have loads of story ideas. All about a page or two long with a plot outline on my laptop. I'm not sure what I'll get to next. We shall see! 

What is writing to you?

Writing is an escape, and a very favourite hobby, and always has been. Life is a lot sometimes, so it's nice to escape into regency England for a bit, and to take like minded people with me. 

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

Being an author is not my dream. I like writing, and sharing it with people. I have always written stories, ever since I was little. They just gradually got better over time!  

What genre books you like to work on?

If you take a look at my profile, you'll know I have found my niche in historical romance. But I do have loads of modern day stories in my arsenal. 

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Probably not, sorry! I can't write if I'm not inspired to do it.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I think it's amazing to connect people to a world they weren't familiar with before. Regency England has been a favourite of mine for a long time, and taking my readers there, teaching them about the period, as well has giving them an interesting story means a lot.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

My favourite authors are Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, RD Blackmore, JK Rowling and Ken Follett.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

My closest Wattpad friend is Kassilassie. We started reading each other's stories years ago, and became friends pretty quickly. I love having a friendship with her outside of Wattpad.

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

 I'm currently into audiobooks as I listen to them on my work commute. I just finished the Anne of Green Gables series and I loved them! 

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

My favourite actor at the moment is Rami Malek. My favourite actress would probably be Keira Knightley or Lily James.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

 It's got to be Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. 

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

I love watching Australian football. Coaching netball, watching movies, and binge watching TV

What are your hidden talents?

My hidden talent would be that I have a very theatrical singing voice. In another life, I might have tried to get on Broadway! My favourite song to sing is Defying Gravity from Wicked. But shhhh, nobody knows I sing hehe.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

My first celebrity crush would be Chris Hemsworth wayyyyy back in 2004 when he was on a little Australian show called Home and Away. My god he was pretty haha. 

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

Most embarrassing moment? When I was a kid I walked up behind a man I thought was my dad and hugged him. He turned around and it was a random. I still think about how embarrassing that was!  

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Craziest thing I've ever done is probably trekking across Europe with my best friend. Crazy but incredible.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Don't give up. You might look at popular writers and think you'll never get there, but we all started with 0 followers too. I still remember I was working at an amusement park in 2011 when my first story hit 100 reads and I was freaking out. It will happen. Keep going, keep perfecting your craft, seek advice, and develop your plot. 

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

 Can't say I have. I'm not an artist! I could try stick figures!! 

What do you feel about this interview?

 It was good, you had some different questions to the ones I'm normally asked. 

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

Thanks!!

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.