@xxKatVxx

Pen Name: K.H. Kate

Username: xxKatVxx

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

The first half of my pen name is my legal name but the last one, 'Kate' came from the movie 'From Dusk Till Dawn'. As a teen, I was obsessed with that movie so here I am!

How many books have you published till date?

I have published 7 books till now on Wattpad and one is traditionally published.

What are your future projects?

I have 2 books coming for a series and another 2 for the spin-off. I also have a plan for a new series which I'm writing now for NaNoWriMo this year.

What is writing to you?

Writing is like having an imaginary friend you can always talk to. Is it weird? No, seriously, I can express so many emotions and things with words, things that I may not say face to face, things that need to be spoken out in the world. Writing helps me with that.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

Definitely, a hidden passion found later. Since a kid, I always loved to read stories of different myths from different nations. Somehow these books gave me so many ideas to create something that I would enjoy. Hence, I started writing which was for me originally but as more people started to notice my writing bamn! Wattpad happened.

What genre books you like to work on?

I love the Dark Romance subgenre most as it has many layers in characters. But genre-wise, I like to work on Action, Mystery-thriller, YA, and Paranormal.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Absolutely! I'm always up for a challenge so there's no reason to stop now.

Then we would love to read a Historical Dark Romance book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I don't find writing fiction or non-fiction as charming per se, it's more like letting out all you have. When you are writing something you are not only writing about your character but you are also projecting your own thoughts, values into your writing. So basically, it's like living through many characters and their struggles.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

My favorite authors in Wattpad would be TheBibicalSinner HumB01 SerenityR0se and many more. Out of Wattpad will be L.J. Shen, Skye Warren, and Penelope Douglas.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

Few of my close friends would be DELynch43 Benita_16  romancefenatic and some of them are not here anymore.

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

I recently watched Lucifer and I loved it!

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

My favorite actress would be Audrey Hepburn.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Professor Snape. In the first few books and the movies I really hated him. But as I read and watched more I can't help but love him. Especially his death and that scene with Lilly dying still makes me cry.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

I paint abstracts, sing and also make edits from tv shows.

What are your hidden talents?

I can play the cello.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

My first celebrity crush would be Chad Michael Murray.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

So, there are some others but this one I clearly remember to this day. We had a surprise talent show at school. I was already suffering from a cold and runny nose that week so I show up at school not knowing about the talent show. Turns out my teacher already gave my name for singing. I was her favorite student and I wasn't in a position to say no. So I did sing that day but I don't think anyone has ever heard that kind of worst scratchy voice in their life. I was so embarrassed that I refused to sing in front of the same people for 2 years after that.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

There are so many to choose from! So, the dorm I used to live in was literally in the middle of a forest so seeing different wild beings were normal for us. But one day, I wasn't in the room but my roommate went in to take my laptop and she fainted at the spot because there's this small snake just chilling on the top of my laptop. Here I am calling her, she isn't answering so I come home and see this. So, I should have ran, right? No, I wake her up and then chase after the snake. I still feel shocked by how I just decided to chase a snake with a stick when I should have screamed for help.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Never give up. You may think the writing is bad or people won't like it but you do not know until you have showed your work to the world. People may love it and they'll love your work only if you love it. So, no matter what just keep writing.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

I didn't particularly find myself enjoy comics that much back then but I'm open to it. Maybe now I can appreciate it.

What do you feel about this interview?

I really enjoyed it! It brought back so many memories from the past. Thank you so much for the opportunity!

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.