@IAmEmmaHey

Pen Name: Emma

Username: IAmEmmaHey

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

Emma is my legal first name, but right now I'm not sure which last name I'm going to use if I ever get published. I will definitely use my first name though, so that one's certain ;)

How many books have you published till date?

3 published books currently. My babies.

What are your future projects?

My fourth book, The Aurelia, is coming in the beginning of 2020. I've decided to challenge myself and write a werewolf book, with a twist. If you love main characters with serious sass and backbone, this one must be something for you. Also, the smut is to die for ;)

What is writing to you?

An escape, really. Both reading and writing allows you to breathe away from your reality, if only for a second.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

I started reading on Wattpad in 2015 and published my first book in 2018. Wattpad is an amazing leap into the writing world, the support and love on here is definitely what inspired me to write my first book. So I have to say it must be a hidden passion of mine, I wouldn't have guessed or hoped this is where I would end up at least.

What genre books you like to work on?

My favorite so far has been mafia, but as I'm writing this new one I'm getting to know an entirely new world, which is so cool! I love anything with drama really, also a little laughter on the sides. Smut is so important in romance and I don't hold back on the smutty scenes either.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

If I connect with it, then sure!

Then we would love to read a Mafia werewolf book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I only have experience with writing fiction and I'm in love. The prospect that you can completely fall in love with characters, feel every single emotion running through their body, witness both their highs and lows. It's beautiful, it's engaging and it lets all of us live in a different life for a second. Reading has been so important to help me get through life and I wanted to be that for someone else, which really is my motivation to keep it up.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

I'm into the classics, Jane Austen, Emily Brontë, Charles Dickens. But if I need some modern drama, Wattpad is definitely my go to!

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

I don't really have that many, nepenthesoul  has been supporting me from day one, so she would probably be the one. Also, my readers are lovely ♡

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

I recently got to read the Game of Thrones series and my god wasn't that just a whole other experience! George R. R. Martin is SO impressive in his writing, I was hooked throughout all the books!

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Jennifer Lawrence, with zero doubt, she's so unapologetically herself and an insanely talented actress, I admire it. But I have this little love towards Emma Stone, too.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

I have to say Severus Snape, I hated that man in the beginning of Harry Potter, but ended up feeling for him and what he'd been through. He still did some dumb shit though, so I guess he counts as a villain.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Other than writing and reading, college takes up most of time during the day. But I LOVE spending time with my family and my dog, that's probably my favorite hobby.

What are your hidden talents?

Writing, I would say, especially since it's in English (My native language is Danish). It isn't something I run around telling everyone, but I always get supported when I do.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

I'm really basic, but my first official celebrity crush was Luke Hemmings. I couldn't deal with his lip ring and attractive smile, god...

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

I actually don't know, I'm not easily embarrassed because of the type of family I grew up in - I guess I've said something impressively stupid once or twice in my life, making my cheeks heat up, but nothing more than that.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Definitely when I surprised my mom with a trip to California to meet our bonus family (We live in Denmark and we hadn't seen them in 19 years), it was expensive and a long journey, but without a doubt worth every penny.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Take the leap! It's all I really can say. You won't regret it and before you know it, writing becomes that one thing you can turn to when life gets too rough. I know you can do it, just dare to take the jump :) Also, something I use a lot in my writing is this quote "You can't think yourself out of a writing block; you have to write yourself out of a thinking block." - take that with you and ideas will suddenly swarm your mind.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

Not dreamt of it, no, but it could definitely be a fun challenge. I love getting a good laugh from books, so why not?

What do you feel about this interview?

Love it! Love it, love it, love it - It's engaging and connects the reader with the writer, you're giving everyone a chance to speak up and it's SO cool! ♡

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.