@ellelawrence

Pen Name: Elle Lawrence

Username: ellelawrence

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

No, it isn't. But it's actually very similar to my real name. I gender-bent my names and switched them around. I really like my pen name because it retains some syllables from my real name but still affords some anonymity.

How many books have you published till date?

None traditionally. My first completed novel, Requiem for a Soldier, is on Wattpad along with some short stories I wrote in school.

What are your future projects?

Currently, I'm working on the sequel to Requiem for a Soldier. After that, I've got several other stories lined up in various stages of development. They include a fairy-tale retelling with a modern sci/fi twist, a prequel to Requiem for a Soldier, a sci/fi fantasy series set in an AU about three strong women affecting change in their planet's history, a paranormal romance about a love that endures through reincarnations, and a scifi dystopian space drama about a connection between two characters that represent this future society's ideal and this society's outcast. This one is kind of a social commentary buried inside a book about space travel and the colonization of new planets. I've actually got more ideas but this is enough to keep me busy for a long time.

What is writing to you?

Creating stories is a way to let loose, have fun, and let my imagination run wild. Writing is how I share that experience with the world.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

It's kind of something I've always been. My mom read books to me for hours and hours when I was a kid and I still love reading. I've always been making up stories in my head. Only in the last few years did I start writing them down and sharing them online.

What genre books you like to work on?

Whatever genre my ideas fall into. Typically that's sci/fi fantasy, and usually romance, but not always.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

To be honest, probably not. I'm starting grad school soon and I'll be without much spare time to write for the next 3 to 5 years. I've got enough future projects sitting in Wattpad drafts to keep me busy for a long time. But if your suggestion sparks an idea, maybe I could make something out of it.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I like writing fiction because I can dream up a different world and the only limits are my imagination. I feel like non-fiction is more limiting in that sense, but I've also never tried to write a nonfiction book, so IDK.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

In no particular order: Marissa Meyer, Shannon Hale, K. M. Shea, Nancy Campbell Allen, Brigid Kemmerer, Andy Weir, arcticstars, makexbelieve, CaitReynoldsJenniJames

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

Read: The Lunar Chronicles, The Hallowed Ones, The Elves of Lessa, Andari Chronicles, Letters to the Lost Series