@firedance_icesong

Pen Name: Quill Secret

Username: firedance_icesong

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

No, my pen name is not my legal name. I was a young girl back then when I chose this name. I was afraid of putting my legal name on the internet. (I was skeptical a lot) But now, I am planning to go with my legal name though.

How many books have you published till date?

In wattpad, I have Winter's Dance, Ballad of Winter, Elegy of Autumn (all completed) and I have Blaze (Which I have to do some serious editing) and Aries (which is going to be finished). And on Sweek, I published another high-fantasy book named 'The Reflections'. So, totally six.

What are your future projects?

My future projects? I have a lot. I have to finish Spring's Tale (Book 2 of Winter's Dance), rewrite Blaze, perhaps take Taurus (Sequel to Aries) for NaNoWriMo. Or simply start a new book idea that is going abound my mind.

What is writing to you?

Writing to me is everything. Like, there may be days when I am not feeling good or I am so sad and just writing a page sets me fine. Writing is magic to me.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

Writing is definitely a hidden passion I found out later in my life. Like I began to seriously write only from my tenth grade!

What genre books you like to work on?

I mainly concentrate on fantasy, sci-fi and paranormal with romantic and mystery subplots.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Yep. I will definitely take that challenge. Not only because I love a good challenge but I want to test my potential to the max.

Then we would love to read a fantasy adventure book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

The charms of writing are being able to escape from reality as much as reading does. It gives you the power to create something purely from your thoughts. Something you are afraid to say. One of the major charms is being able to conceal yet reveal everything naked.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

My all-time favourite authors in wattpad are: MyLovelyWriter Skyhuntress RamenLady Nikkireadw

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

My friends: AshiraAlexander Vizziiee  (sadly this user left Wp)

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

My favourite series happens to be a Chinese drama named 'The Untamed' which was adapted from the book: Mo Dao Zu Shi.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

I really don't have a favourite Actor or Actress. It depends on the storyline and movie on the whole. But since I am going crazy after this 'Untamed' I would say that my current fav actors are Wang YiBo and Xiao Zhan.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

My favourite Villian? I am going with Loki.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Since I am in med-school, I don't have much time to pursue my other hobbies other than my writing. But I do play throwball at least four days a week. (Depends on the tests I have that week)

What are your hidden talents?

Hidden talents? I don't think I have any.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

My first celebrity crush was Leonardo DiCaprio.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

I am the level-headed one in my group and I have to admit that I have never been in an embarrassing situation. (I am still young, there might be a chance in the future)

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Parasailing might be a crazy thing I have done.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Just write. Might be the stupidest tip, but trust me, it works. You may lack courage, and trust me your courage is not going to jump into you after you finish a few books. Every author you admire began from somewhere. And you are standing at that 'somewhere'. You may meet those haters you may not, but if you want to write, trust me, there are twice as many people on Wattpad itself who would be ready to help you. Authors don't grow alone. So the next time that voice is screaming in your head, listen to it, and just write. Who knows? You may be a hidden bestseller, but you won't know that unless you write yourself.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

No, I have never thought about it.

What do you feel about this interview?

I feel good about this interview. (Like this is my first) I have a good feeling. :)

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.