@TLBodine

Pen Name: T.L. Bodine

Username: TLBodine (creative, right?)

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

It's my initials + my maiden name. I started writing before I got married, so I wanted to keep the same name for consistency's sake.

How many books have you published till date?

I've self-published two novels and two short story anthologies on Amazon, and my book River of Souls was published by Trepidatio Publishing this year. I also currently have three books up on Wattpad that are exclusive to the platform (although I'm going to be taking Neverest down for editing soon)

What are your future projects?

I've got a few big things planned this year. I have a non-fiction guide, a short fiction anthology, a sequel to River of Souls, and the second draft of Neverest all planned -- plus I want to do something brand new for Wattpad this year as well. PHEW. I'm tired just thinking about all of that.

What is writing to you?

Writing is a way for me to explore things that frighten me or that I want to understand better. It's also a way to reach out and connect with people across time and space. Life can be very lonely, and books make it a little bit less lonely -- and I think that's very important.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

I actually thought I was going to grow up to be a veterinarian! Needless to say, that one didn't work out (you can blame my grades), but I've been telling stories since I was a little kid and been trying to get them published since I was a...slightly less-little kid. So writing has definitely always been there.

What genre books you like to work on?

Horror is my mainstay. I do dabble in some fantasy and science fiction at times, but everything always picks up a dark slant. What can I say? I like spooky themes.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Bring it on! Although no guarantees what the outcome might be...

Then we would love to read a Cheesy Romance book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I like being able to experiment with and explore things I'd never want to encounter in real life. I can go on a lot of thrilling (and dangerous) adventures without leaving my room, and I think that's neat.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

On the platform, big love to krazydiamond and mestrin, who are wonderful friends and excellent writers. Off-platform, I'm (of course) a big Stephen King fan, and recently fell in love with the work of Paul Tremblay.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

Brandenburgsangel is my best friend IRL, and you should go read her stuff because she's awesome. I'm also delighted to have met Jazzua through Wattpad.

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

Right now I am addicted to Dr. Stone and The Good Place

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Mmm do voice actors count? I love the voice-work of J Michael Tatum. I always get excited when I see he's in a new dub. And he has a spooky podcast, so that's even better!

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Weird one but: I can't help but feel sorry for Iago from Othello. I don't think he really meant for anyone to get hurt. It all got out of hand when his master plan went sideways. I also love sneaky double-dealing bad guys like Ashur from Spartacus.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

I play a lot of video games. My husband is a Twitch streamer, so I'm usually hanging out with him on stream when I'm not doing other things.

What are your hidden talents?

I love cooking! I really like to play "Chopped" with the random ingredients I find in my kitchen to see what new concoctions I can make.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

I had a long-lasting and deep obsession with Gerard Butler in college...

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

Oh lord. We could be here all day; I have a bad case of foot-in-mouth disease sometimes and blurt things out. Once in a college class we were talking before the professor showed up and I was complaining about the reading. I said I'd rather eat a bowl of live tapeworms than read any more Herman Melville. Guess who decided to walk in the door right at that exact moment...ugh. I had to ask him for a letter of recommendation soon after and it was terrible.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

I once quit my job to start working as a freelance writer with zero money in the bank and no back-up plan, and moved 12 hours away to a different state at the same time. My husband and I showed up in a town where we knew NOBODY, our only working transportation was a '96 Cavalier that barely ran, and we lived in a REALLY shady neighborhood. It turned out OK and was a lot of fun in some ways, but I...do not recommend it.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Here's my best writing advice: Write a LOT. Read a LOT. And go out and live a lot, too. Just keep writing your truth. You can't help but get better at the things you practice, and the more experiences you have the more they'll inform your writing.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

I've got a lot of ideas for interactive games/kinetic novels, which are kind of like comics except...clickable. If I were a better artist, I'd probably be doing that nonstop. Sadly, I am not, so I'm slowed down quite a bit by the need to pay artists for commissions (because I feel strongly that artists should be paid). It gives me a cool chance to collaborate with talented people though, so I'll keep going as long as I can afford it.

What do you feel about this interview?

It's been great! Thank you so much for having me, and for all the work you do promoting writers on Wattpad!

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.