@Dayandnight122

Pen Name: Day Khan

Username: Dayandnight122

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

It's not my legal name. Someone who was reading my book was messaging me and asked me what they can call me. I didn't know what to say so I looked at my username and just took the first three letters and then it kinda stuck. Khan however, is my real last name- Quite a common last name too.

How many books have you published till date?

Just one.

What are your future projects?

I'm currently developing and preparing the sequel to my first book.

What is writing to you?

Writing to me is another form of materializing creativity and stories. It's using words to express your thoughts, ideas and adventures.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

Not exactly, my whole life I struggled with writing in school due to things like Adhd, and lack of passion for life. I always thought it would be cool to write a book to call my own, but I felt like that was unrealistic considering I didn't write a lot, and I didn't feel like I had to brain capacity to create something. Writing eventually did become something I quite enjoy doing in my spare time, and it really helps me detach momentarily from the real world, which I really love.

What genre books you like to work on?

I like writing romance and comedy, just because I need joy and something to warm my heart, and I find a good laughter piece really brightens up your mood, and a well-written romance can make you believe in love again. I also love to incorporate mystery into my pieces with an added touch of drama, maybe because I myself love to analyze and be surprised.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

I love a good challenge.

Then we would love to read a Fantasy Romance book from you soon.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

Don Miguel Ruiz, John Green, Elizabeth Chandler.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

Alwaysrenesmee tracisek _invisiblehazel_ gmwells AndreaaaRam 

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

Stranger things, Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Kerry Washington, Amanda Seyfried, Rachel McAdams, Andy Samberg

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Shego from Kim Possible.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Dancing, singing, acting, cooking, playing video games, tarot and oracle cards, watching youtube, and ordering food (yes, at this point it's considered a hobby for me)

What are your hidden talents?

Um, I'm flexible so I just naturally chill in weird positions.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

Derrien from Sailor moon. Cole Sprouse during the Suite Life of Zack and Cody days.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

My "best friend" in the fourth grade lied to me and said she was cousins with Vanessa Hudgens and that she knows Cole Sprouse. For half a year-, she had convinced me that Cole actually had a crush on me and that he wanted to date me, and me being the idiot I was- starting crying to my family about it because I was so happy.

Boy did I look dumb later on.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

I'm the black sheep of my family, so having creative dreams and venturing out as an independent female was looked down upon. They didn't really believe in me, so I said after graduating high school "f it." and I raised money and travelled to California alone, studied what I love and explored different sides of me.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

When you follow your joy- you follow your path. So do it because it makes you feel good and not for others. You need to listen to what your heart says, and if people are meant to see it, trust me- they will.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

I've never really thought about it before, but I do remember loving graphic novels as a kid, so you never know.

What do you feel about this interview?

Loved it. Thank you.

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.