@Masha_Writes

Pen Name: Masha A.M.

Username: Masha_Writes

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

No. Well, It started with my love for learning languages. When I started learning Russian, I found the name Masha. In reality, Masha is the Russian version for Mary, Mariana, Mariya, etc. And since that's my name, I decided to use it. I felt more confident hiding behind a pen name. While A and M. are my surnames.

How many books have you published till date?

I have published three books so far.

What are your future projects?

I'm currently writing two new books. They are in drafts and I hope to publish them very soon InshaAllah.

What is writing to you?

Writing is what brings out my hidden thoughts. It's liberating. I spend hours along pouring out what my random and chaotic mind fails to say. I am a very shy and introverted person so I find it hard to express myself. But I'm able to express all my thoughts through writing.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

To be honest, I have never wanted to be an author. But I've always loved reading books. I'm a real bookworm. Recently was when I developed a passion for writing. I was bored and decided to create my first book after reading thousands here on Wattpad. So I started writing. That was when I loved the idea and found myself writing more and more. Before long, I was already dreaming of being a successful author someday.

What genre books you like to work on?

I write Mystery/Thriller mostly with a bit of Horror. But I'm currently writing a Chicklit. Let's see how it goes.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Yes. I would love to try out new genres and see how I would fare at them.

Then we would like to read a Greek Mythology Romance genre book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I think it plunges us into a deep ocean of certainty, confidence and happiness. It's so real that it has the power to make us believe in things we didn't and also to admire the beauty in the reality of things. Books are life.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

I have lots of favorites. This is very hard. Ok. Here goes. In Wattpad my favorite authors are RobTheir alekseixx Ms_Horrendous masonfitzzy deep_side_love leilamehtaab Monrosey Lubbatu_Maitafsir  ali-lee ivy2023 KellyAnneBlount sprinkleofhayat rukayya_abdullah katrocks247 MikaelaBender Outside Wattpad I love JK Rowling, R.L. Stine, Stephen King, Stephenie Meyer, Agatha Christie.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

The few I have are sugasqueen2904 dinkyandchubbers thegovindshah

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

I've watched a lot of interesting ones but i guess i would say 'To All The Boys' series for books and 'El Chicas de los Cables' for T.V.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

I have a lot of favorites. But I think I would say Ekin Koc and Nina Dobrev.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

I can't help but love the Evil Queen in Snow White ever since I became a fan of Once Upon A Time.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

I watch a lot of movies and shows. That's it. I'm a pretty boring person. Lol.

What are your hidden talents?

I don't have any talents as such. I can only say that I speak about four languages and am currently learning another three.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

There are five of them. And No! I can't choose one. My first celebrity crush is One Direction. Liam, Niall, Harry, Louis and Zayn. And Robert Pattison. I forgot who came first because i knew them around the same time.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

I once slipped and fell just outside my school. And there were a lot of people opposite where I fell. It was sooo embarrassing. I had to cover my face with my headscarf while I walked away. Alhamdulillah I've passed through it, though I still cringe whenever I remember. There was a guard though, that was concerned and tried to help me.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

I once swallowed an egg yolk because I was crazy about singing. And I heard that egg yolks were good if you wanted to have a perfect singing voice. Yuck!

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but have no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Just do it. I swear if I never pick up a pen and started writing, I would still be scared to write. Don't worry about being rejected in the world of writing. Write and write and write. By the end, someone will be out there interested and in love with your work. And who knows? You might even be the next J.K. Rowling. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

No. Never even thought of it. The thing is, I'm not into comics.

What do you feel about this interview?

I felt excited and nervous at the same time. This is the second time I'm being interviewed and it feels so great.

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

I had an awesome time. I'm truly overwhelmed. Thank you very much for interviewing me. I appreciate it. Muchas gracias. Tesukkur ederim. Thank you so much.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.