moonraess

Pen Name: Taylor Rae

Username: moonraess

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

Yes and no. Taylor is my given first name, but Rae is like a super short version of my very long and hard to pronounce future last name, and I'd rather just keep it simple and consistent if I ever get published.

How many books have you published till date?

How many books have you published to date? Two completed and one currently working on. What are your future projects? I'm torn between a few things I want to work on in the near future. They'll all get done eventually (I hope) but I'm just trying to figure out priorities.

What are your future projects?

I'm torn between a few things I want to work on in the near future. They'll all get done eventually (I hope) but I'm just trying to figure out priorities.

What is writing to you?

Being able to address issues that I'm passionate about through storytelling instead of just standing up on a soapbox saying "I feel this way about this issue." It gives me the opportunity to change people's perspective on tough subjects in a unique way. Is being an author a long time dream or a hidden passion you found later?

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

I've always enjoyed writing to some degree, but I never expected one book to reach this kind of level and with the opportunities I've been given.

What genre books you like to work on?

What genre books do you like to work on? Always contemporary, though I've tried to dabble in some horror but it's still a bit out of my comfort zone. Everything I write has a romance in it in some way, and I write in the new adult/adult age space.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Probably not. I like to write what I know from a genre standpoint, and I'm not particularly good at world building (as in sci-fi or high fantasy style). I try and come out of my writing comfort zone in other ways, but I'll probably always stick to contemporary new adult/adult.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

Being able to put yourself in somebody else's shoes, and learning things about yourself, your characters, and certain situations that you'd never know otherwise. I had to do a lot of research about the music industry as a business for my current project and I've already learned a lot from that.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

Off Wattpad I enjoy Colleen Hoover, John Green, Joshilyn Jackson, Mark Z Danielewski, and Sarah Dessen. I have a lot of favs on Wattpad, they're all on my reading lists! I don't wanna list people I'd be afraid to leave people out.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

Again, totally afraid of leaving people out. I've met a lot of awesome people here!

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

I'm in the middle of watching Breaking Bad for the first time (super behind on that I know), and I binged Looking For Alaska which I absolutely loved and was very impressed by. I also just finished Berserk for the third time this year it's my all time favorite anime for sure.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

That's tough, I feel like there's SO many people I enjoy watching. As of right now I really like Robert Downey Jr, Emilia Clarke, and Taron Egerton.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Darth Vader is my all time favorite villain in any movie or book. When I was a kid I was Darth Vader for Halloween like 3 years in a row.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Does being a crazy sports fanatic count as a hobby? I'm REALLY into fantasy football, I'm usually in anywhere from 2-4 leagues a year, and I love analytics/statistics, and things like that. And I also love college football and college basketball.

What are your hidden talents?

I honestly don't think I have any

Who is your first celebrity crush?

Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy when I was like 13 years old. I actually have a poster from the half blood prince movie that he signed for me and wrote happy birthday which was awesome haha. But like I also embarrassingly had anime crushes, I loved Seto Kaiba fromyugioh - he was the OG mother of dragons and everyone can fight me about it.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

I can't really think of anything off the top of my head. Sure I've been in embarrassing situations but nothing that's really stuck with me for long afterward.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

My first ever college football game I stormed the field after my team won and had to jump off like an 8 foot ledge onto the field and almost landed in a trash can. I was also in a skirt. That's probably the most recent crazy thing I've done. But it was so awesome.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but have no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Write for yourself and don't ever let it become too stressful or feel like a chore. It should always be enjoyable above anything else, and write what YOU want to write, not just what's "popular."

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

I can't say that I have, and I'm also very unartistic so I don't think that would work out.

What do you feel about this interview?

I appreciate the interview and the fun questions!

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.