@StationaryObsession

Pen Name: Serena B. Light

Username: StationaryObsession

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

It is not my legal name, but I thought of it like this: my initials are SBN, I got Serena and B from my first two initials, and my surname means 'light', there for Serena B. (Beatrice) Light.

How many books have you published till date?

I have published eight books to date.

What are your future projects?

I have nine more books just waiting to be written.

What is writing to you?

Writing, to me, is the ability to be someone I could never dream of becoming. Say things I don't have the guts to say. And express myself in ways that I cannot do through talking to another person. Writing had started off as a mere pastime but then developed into this obsession that I cannot go a day without. It has become my closest friend and companion that not only urges me to fix the things that are wrong, but pushes me to do better through my works.

Is being an author, your longtime dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

It is actually a passion that I developed later. I was thirteen when I first got into reading and read so many books that different stories started to form in my head. I had started off as a fan fiction writer, but then noticed that the way I was writing things was out of place for the characters I was writing about and dared myself to step out of my comfort zone and write my own novel. And much to my own surprise, I wrote one. Then I realized I enjoyed this process and wrote another and then another. Now six years down the line, I have eight published works, two publishing contracts, a self-publishing platform, and the idea for nine more novels just waiting to be written.

What genre books you like to work on?

I write romance, young adult, and new adult mostly with a touch of drama and suspense in it, but hope to venture out into new and different genres down the line, like coming-of-age.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

I would, yes.

Then we would like to read a Historic Mysteries Romance genre book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I believe the charm of writing a fiction book is that you can't get it wrong. Ever. It is right regardless of what it says or how it looks, even with those red underlines on MS word telling you your spelling is wrong. MS is wrong. It is right because you wrote it like this. I am not saying it's perfect, just that no matter what you do, you're not wrong.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of Wattpad?

Out of Wattpad, it has to be Madeline Miller because her book touched my heart, as well as Neil Gaimann and Dan Brown.

In Wattpad, it's Avylinn, elsetterby, HumB01, and TheBiblicalSinner

Name few of your close Wattpad friends.

daizariel, pika-ACHOO, Semjung, and  YouCantUnseeMe

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

My favorite series that I have recently watched is Peaky Blinders, and the one that I have read is the Song of Ice and Fire.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

My favorite actor is Robert De Niro, Luke Evans, and Robert Downey Jr.

My favorite actresses are Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, and Julie Andrews.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Loki Laufeyson from the MCU.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

I love studying and cooking and baking, cleaning is just a therapeutic cleanse on my soul which I can't even begin to explain.

What are your hidden talents?

Probably singing and my borderline OCD methodology.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

David Gandy.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

In 2017, I went on a trip to the US with a group of students as a tour of universities. And we all actually got to talk on our layover in Qatar. There, a girl from my group told me that she saw me at the airport and our conversation went something like this:

"You were with your family," She said.

"Oh, yes, they came to drop me off,"

"I see," Silence. "By the way, your brother is hot,"

And I'm sitting there, blankly blinking at her.

"My brother is thirteen," Keep in mind she was my age at that time, so eighteen.

"No, no, your elder brother,"

"I don't have an elder brother,"

"Then your cousin,"

"No cousin of mine dropped me off," I told her before realizing what was going on and pull up a picture on my phone before showing her. "Do you mean him?"

"Yes! Yes! He's hot,"

"THAT'S MY FATHER!"

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Run up seven flights of under construction stairs after sneaking past the guard of an under construction mall.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

All I can say is that writing is a long process and a lot of times you feel disheartened by it. But my word of advice would be, it may be hard, but everything is, and if you have the courage to dream of writing, you are one step away from actually sitting down and writing a word.

You can't go wrong with what you've written.

And the first draft of everything is shit. Just muscle through the first draft, get it all down on paper, because the first draft is just you telling yourself the story, and then you can take it apart and polish it in the second draft.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

Nope.

What do you feel about this interview?

I feel very honored and humbled to be given such an amazing opportunity where I am asked about my passion as an author and not my grades for university. XD

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

Thank you for this opportunity, I had quite some fun.