@Sam_le_fou

Pen Name: Sam Camp

Username: Sam_le_fou

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

Yes and no. It's a contraction of my real name, which sounds snappier like that.

How many books have you published till date?

I got two finished stories, and three ongoing. Shut Up And Dance, and Running With Scissors are the ones I finished, while The Soundmaker, Playing With Matches, and A City Dressed in Dynamite are ongoing. I also have a couple anthologies or small partnership things that are just there.

What are your future projects?

I still have to finish these ongoing stories, which I predict I will finish about March next year, then I plan to go into the Open Novella Wagon. I have some stories planned and conceptualized, but I haven't chosen which one to tackle first. My plan is to both work on serious stories and comedy stories at the same time, like in doing now.

What is writing to you?

It's liberation. I can be as crazy and creative as I want to be, and i really like to explore concepts and ideas, be they very niche or broadly accepted. It quells the voices inside my head.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

I mean, write a book, plant a tree, raise a child, right? The three things a man has to do before they die. I guess I've always wanted to do something memorable before dying, and I suck at gardening.

What genre books you like to work on?

Honestly, I don't care much about labeling a story with a genre. I can go everywhere, and touch anything. Except werewolf, I don't understand that.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Sure, but it might take a while ahahaha. Maybe a short story

Then we would love to read a Vampire Romance book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

i don't see writing fiction or non fiction as a "beautiful fantasy." I see writing fiction as a way to tell truths by painting lies, while writing non-fiction is telling lies by painting a truth. The charm is that writing allows you to play with the imagination of the people to make complex ideas more manageable. Running with Scissors, for example, is all about self-determination and the philosophy of existentialism, all wrapped around the story of a silly lawyer man doing silly lawyer things.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

Well, everyone at the PaidStories team are wonderful writers that I love to read. They are my ride or die. RainerSalt is perhaps my single favorite writer here as well. I'm really into Umberto Eco, Douglass Adams, Lemony Snicket, and John Kennedy Toole.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

AuthorJMColes, my Notification squad, which are way too many to count, RainerSalt, and HCWhilhem .

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

I'm currently watching Designated Survivor, Archer(which is comedy gold) and The End of the F-ing World.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Gary Oldman. He is a chameleon. He can play anything.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

I think Count Olaf draws a very fine line between being zany, sympathetic, and completely evil. Neil Patrick Harris is a national treasure.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Well, my other main hobby is cooking...which I turned into a career! I'm a very cool chef. You can check some of my dishes in Instagram Sam_le_fou

What are your hidden talents?

Ummmm...I can give a killer massage? I dunno. I'm mostly writing and whatnot.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

I think it was Zoe Deschanel. She was so adorkable. Now, not so much. I mean, she's still hella cute.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

Too gross to say here. It involved a 10 hours flight and 50 chicken nuggets that didn't work well with my stomach.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Getting drunk on cheap tequila and running through Boston while naked during winter. I believe it was like -10 degrees that day.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Write for you. You have nothing to lose

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

I'm not a fan of comics to be honest. I mean, I've liked some, but not enough for me to attempt to make a comic. But if i get the chance, I would consider it.

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.