@alicenicholsons

Pen Name: Alice Nicholson

Username: alicenicholsons

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

My pen name is not my legal name. I picked Alice partly because I love the name and partly because of the anonymity it gives me as I've always associated the name with the book Go Ask Alice. Nicholson is my mother's maiden name.

How many books have you published till date?

I've published 8 books but only 1 is completed.

What are your future projects?

The next novel I plan on completing is The Dawn of the She-Wolf but I'm also working on a fantasy novel currently unpublished.

What is writing to you?

For me writing has always been about one thing and one thing only, getting a message across. All my outlines start with the theme at the top of the page because that is what writing is, sharing thousands upon thousands of words so that a person might take something from it.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Since I was like 6 I've always been writing in some form. It started out with poetry and then later transformed into full out novels.

What genre books you like to work on?

Realistic fiction and fantasy.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Honestly probably not as I said, I only write if I have something to say and putting parameters on that such as an unwanted genre may dampen whatever I'm trying to get across. A good author can make any genre work but sadly that is not me.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I think it's being able to immerse yourself in a world that is all your own. It's being able to say this is my world, my characters and I get to make something of it. These decisions and webs lead to so many places and it's something that I created. I think it's just crazy.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

I don't really read much on wattpad at all but thatgabbykid and Dark_Spaces have creative works that really break the genres.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

thatgabbykid and  probably. Not very many people talk to me if I'm being perfectly honest.

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

I don't really watch shows so I'll name a few of my absolute favorite movies that I'd recommend to everyone: The Witch (2015), Drive (2011), Short Term 12 (2013), Thoroughbreds (2017), and Thelma (2017). Seriously I full-heartedly recommend these movies, these are must-watches for so many reasons.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Jake Gyllenhaal, Taika Waititi, Zoë Kravitz, Anya Taylor-Joy and Amy Adams (I'm so sorry, I couldn't pick just one.)

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Hannibal from the movie Silence of the Lambs

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Powerlifting is really all I can think of.

What are your hidden talents?

I don't know if I really have one but a general thing is because I danced for about 10 years I can like watch a choreography and semi-replicate it after the first watch.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

I honestly don't remember my first one (although back when I was like 10 I was really into Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender, but since she's not a celeb I'm guessing she doesn't count). I'm just going to go with my current ones. I'm stuck between Cillian Murphy, Jake Gyllenhaal and Zoë Kravitz. I love being indecisive.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

I was really into the Harry Potter movies when I was younger and one time in the middle of this fancy party my mom dragged me to I screamed and I mean screamed 'BLOODY HELL!' for no reason and it went dead silent. It was awful. Also one time I sat on a table at my school while we were filming something and I broke it. Honestly, I think that was probably worse than the bloody hell.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

One time my friend and I were left unsupervised so we tied an old rope to a tree at the top of a super super steep ravine and went down the ravine. The rope ended up breaking and we fell down a few feet before catching onto a tree and we had to climb up by digging handholds into the dirt. It was terrifying.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but have no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

In the words of Shia LaBeouf, just do it. Sit down and force yourself to write, listen to some moody music to help if you need to. That is the best thing to do. The only way to get better and more confidant is to write often.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

No, in fact as part of my creative writing course at school we had to write our own comic strip and I absolutely hated it.

What do you feel about this interview?

I feel so honored to have been asked.

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.