@EternalZephyr

Pen Name: Zephyr Everly

Username: EternalZephyr

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

My pen name is based on my username. Zephyr means a soft, gentle breeze; there's something soothing and calming about it--like writing. It's the calm in my life. I chose it as my pseudonym not only because it's unique, but it also represents my writing journey and who I am now.

How many books have you published till date?

I have four published on Wattpad so far. I've completed Skittles & Science and a revised version of it called Sweetly & Scientifically, but I'm currently updating Sweetly & Home Economically and Toasted Marshmallows.

What are your future projects?

So many! I'm going to continue the Sweetly series, but I'm also going to branch out to some other stories that may never see the light of day. Such as a Pied Piper faerie retelling and an NA sci-fi/romance involving nanites. I have a few short story ideas brewing as well, which I tend to work on when I have writer's block.

What is writing to you?

It is everything to me. I see it as not necessarily an escape from the anxieties and stress in my life, but more as a ray of light to get through it all.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

I dabbled with some short stories, but I didn't truly know I wanted to be an author until I did Nanowrimo and wrote my first novel. I had so much fun doing it! Then when I posted the novel on Wattpad and discovered that people actually enjoyed reading what I wrote, I knew I wanted to continue doing it.

What genre books you like to work on?

YA Romance/Humor, mostly.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

I do love a good challenge. Try me!

Then we would love to read a Vampire book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I get to go through new experiences with my own characters that I wouldn't normally be able to do in real life. And I always learn new things when I do research for a story. Though what is most rewarding to me is spreading smiles in a world that needs more happiness and positivity. I love to see that my characters have made someone's day a little better or gave them a good laugh when they needed it most.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

Wattpad: bookbudd, PaperMars, DistantDreamer, liliancarmine, to name a few.
Non-Wattpad: Stephanie Garber, Sarah J Maas, A.G. Howard, Lisa Mangum

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

I went on a hiatus a few years ago due to a loss in my family, and sadly most of the friends I made on Wattpad left by the time I came back. I haven't had much opportunity to meet new people because I haven't really had the time or opportunity. I do still have my bookbuddy  when we manage to catch each other! And at the risk of sounding a little cheesy, I also consider my readers as friends. ^^

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

The Good Place and Melting Me Softly (kdrama) right now. I'm also re-watching The Librarians series.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Off the top of my head, Ryan Reynolds and Kristen Bell.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Mona Vanderwaal from the Pretty Little Liars TV series. She was the best A and an even better antihero. I'll admit too that I have a weakness for Hades or Death characters who could be seen as villains. One example would be Death in 'Kisses from Death' by twelvewonderingstars on Wattpad.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Designing and sewing clothes, playing video games, and cuddling with my yorkie, Torch.

What are your hidden talents?

I don't think many people know that I can draw. It was usually pencil work and realism or anime-style. I used to do it all the time before I started writing, but that kind of took over and I haven't drawn much since then.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

Probably too many to list. Here's a few: Park Hyung Sik, Jay Ryan (from his CW Beauty and the Beast days, not IT Chapter Two because no...just no. *shivers*), Jensen Ackles, Henry Lau.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

I don't know which situation was the MOST embarrassing, so...let's see. I think one of the worst was when I was about 12 or so. I was at a restaurant with my family and we were on our way out. I was wearing a short skirt that was a little loose, but I thought it still fit me just fine. You can see where this is going... It dropped to the floor in front of some chefs who were on break and eating at the table we were passing by. I was wearing opaque tights, thank goodness, so I was as decent as someone who just lost their skirt could be, but I was mortified when I had to pull it back up and walk out. Never went back there again. Never.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

I'm not too adventurous, but... One could be when I stayed with a friend for a few weeks out of state. They were working at a movie theater at the time and since I didn't really have anything to do, they asked their bosses if I could hang out at the theater. I was basically allowed to theater hop all day whenever my friend had a shift.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Just take it one step at a time and never give up doing what you love, no matter what anyone says to you. Be aware of the difference between constructive criticism and negative criticism. The negative comments are typically from people who are jealous or just opinionated, so don't let what they say get you down. For those who haven't written yet but want to, try starting with a short story. If you enjoy it and like how it turns out, write more! And when you are ready, share it with others because maybe they will like it too.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

I used to have a comic! It was a one to three panel series about chibi ninjas. I have considered doing something with characters from one of my stories, but I don't have the time right now.

What do you feel about this interview?

I loved it! The questions were original and fun to answer. Thank you so much for having me do it. Keep up the great work!

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.