@KateNorth

Pen Name: Kate North

Username: KateNorth

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

Well, my name is Katie so I obviously just shortened Katie to Kate! And I can't exactly remember where I got the name North... to be honest, I just thought the two names both sounded pretty cool together!

How many books have you published till date?

I haven't published any books, but I have two available on Wattpad to read now :)

What are your future projects?

Ahh, that's a secret isn't it? I'll give you a clue - the title is called To the Grave. You like?

What is writing to you?

I think the better question is, what is it not? Writing is everything to me. I don't think I'd be me without it.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

Long time dream, definitely. My Dad used to make up stories to read me to sleep and eventually self published them. I think that's where I got it from :)

What genre books you like to work on?

I love writing mysteries and thrillers. My audience is primarily aimed at teens/young adults, but I also love writing paranormal, dystopia and minimalistic short stories.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Yes definitely - sounds like fun! Maybe in the future I'll give it a go ;)

Then we would love to read a Cheesy Romantic Comedy book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

Escaping reality. Finding your people. I could go on forever.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

On Wattpad, I have cloudedwithstories, Dear_Rhian, tidalbay, TahliePurvis, autherasb_a_mcdermott and hepburnettes ! There honestly are too many to count and I'm sorry if I missed anyone out! Outside of Wattpad, I love J.K Rowling, Gillian Flynn, Suzanne Collins, Laini Taylor, Sabaa Tahir and Ray Bradbury! I feel bad for listing so many, but I could honestly go on forever.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

My closest friend on Wattpad is cloudedwithstories! She is literally the best and I wouldn't be without her.

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

Ooo, I'm currently binging Grey's Anatomy. Reading wise, a book I've recently read and loved is Ninth House by Leigh Burdugo.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

I don't really have one! I like Jennifer Aniston, though.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Good question, but I'm not sure I have an answer!

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Eating hashbrowns and drinking wine? If that counts!

What are your hidden talents?

I mean, I'm double jointed in some areas people find weird ;D But I'm a considerably untalented person when it comes to anything but writing. I used to be a pretty good gymnast though.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

Aww, Ansel Elgort.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

I once went on a date wearing white shorts and, well, you can guess what decided to show it's lovely face.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Going to uni to do creative writing and finally throwing myself into the writing world! It's not crazy, but it took a lot of courage to break out of that 'you have to go to uni to do something academic' ideology.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. I am so proud of how far I've come, and the only reason I've had the success I've had is because I never gave up, even if I came close sometimes. Hard work prevails, because I was just invited to be a Wattpad Star!

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

Not really! Unfortunately that's not really one of my passions.

What do you feel about this interview?

Good! Thank you for inviting me to take part :)

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.