@SeventyMurphy

Pen Name: Stephanie Murphy

Username: SeventyMurphy

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

Yes, Stephanie Murphy's my legal name. I chose the username  because I always assume my real name will be taken and if you say Stephanie really fast it can sound like Seventy.

How many books have you published till date?

Well, I'm currently posting my third story here. Nothing's been published so far elsewhere - not that I didn't try, lol. Timing really is everything.

What are your future projects? What is writing to you?

I certainly have outlines of other stories on the back burner. A few screenplay ideas as well. I've never been good at jumping back and forth between ideas. I have to see one through at least until a first complete draft before moving on to the next.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

Writing is the thing that makes me feel most like myself. I love stories. I love telling them and especially learning from them. I have known since I was a child watching Romancing The Stone that I wanted to be an author just like Kathleen Turner's Joan Wilder character. Not the saving my sister from smugglers in Cartagena part. The finishing a story in a cozy apartment and celebrating with a cat part.

What genre books you like to work on?

Various genres as long as there's humour in them and a happy ending. I'm generally writing the kind of romantic comedy I'd like to read or watch as a film.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Oh, to have all the time in the world! And the talent! There are lots of stories I wish I could write, but I don't quite have the chops. Well, who's to say where inspiration will come from? What do you suggest?

Then we would love to read a werewolf Romance with lots of comedy from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

Finding the beauty and humor in the world can be difficult. We have to recognize the good in life and in people where we can, and believe it still exists when we can't see it. Stories which make us feel connected to or understanding of other help us to do that.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

I spend so much time here, I'm going to stay here for this one. The first book I fell in love with on Wattpad was The Third Uncle by srbeifuss. I'm such a super fan of leighheasley and RachelShubert I don't know why they're not household names already. onepieceofrainbow is so good in so many genres, and greydaygirl is blowing my eyebrows off right now with how good The Wandering God is. I could really go on a while here...

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

I really adore the ladies I mentioned above. Aside from being crazy-talented, they're all so funny and kind and supportive. I should also mention that DJNessie and TheVandiShow were two of the people I connected with earliest on Wattpad. Love them too!

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

Fosse/Verdon was SO GOOD and I hope it wins all the Emmys that Schitt's Creek doesn't! Also love Umbrella Academy, Glow, Poldark and The Great British Bake-Off.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

This is hard! Of all time, Cary Grant. Currently, it's between Meryl Streep and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Hands down favourite, but I doubt anyone will know her, Fatima Blush played by Barbara Carrera in the remake of the James Bond film Thunderball called Never Say Never Again. The wicked laugh was everything!

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

I'm a huge film buff so I'll say watching movies and being niece's favourite aunt!

What are your hidden talents?

It's not exciting, but I'm pretty good at compartmentalizing when it comes to handling stress.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

It's a tie for first crush between Roger Moore and Christopher Reeve.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

The one that comes to mind is while I was volunteering at an animal shelter and drilling into drywall at the top of a ladder, a reporter for the news covering the build did an interview with my butt as the backdrop. At night when the story aired, they used the shot plus one where my drill cord dragged my shirt up exposing my belly!

One craziest thing you have ever done?

While waiting in an alley in a parked car for a friend running an errand, a driver trying to get around me began honking his horn like crazy. He came up to the window and asked me to move the car. When I told him I didn't drive he just got into the driver's seat and pulled the car up a few feet to where he could get back into his own car and get around it. I just let him! I didn't argue or anything which is nuts! This is also a pretty embarrassing story, I must say.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Easy! If it brings you joy, do it! If you wait for things to be perfect you'll wait forever. Write a story you'd want to hear and once you start, just keep going and going until the outline of the idea is out of you. Again, if you start trying to perfect things too early on, you'll lose momentum. Write the bones, fill the meat in later.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

I haven't actually.

What do you feel about this interview?

I have a thumb cramp now but it was fun! I'm very glad to have been asked.

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

Thanks, guys :D

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.