@abdofRahman

Pen Name: abdurRahman (Gudi) 

Username: abdofRahman

Is you pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one? 

No. I've always thought of myself as abdurRahman, which means slave or servant of the Most Gracious Lord. In Arabic, abdur actually denotes the masculine while amah is used for feminine, but I don't know much Arabic so I had always called myself as abdurRahman, and that is why so many readers initially assumed me as a boy and then they told me to change it to amaturRahman, but I couldn't because I've become inseparable from thinking me as abdurRahman. Gudi stands for doll which is also a nickname of mine. I included it in bracket to tell people that I was a girl!That was rather a rambling reply :)

How many books have you published till date?

 It says in my profile that there are 20 published stories. But some don't belong to me like Simply Sharing, Valentine's Day -what Islam says? and Sunnah is my Style and a few others. I published these with the intention to spread knowledge and to benefit others, also I've always mentioned and given credit to the original source.

What are you future projects? 

None as of now; I'm striving to complete my Eternal Ishq Series and the non-fiction work, How to become a Warrior fee Sabeelillaah.

What is writing to you? 

A means to gain my Lord's Pleasure, always hoping and praying that He likes what I write. 

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later? 

Neither. When I started to write on Wattpad more than seven years ago, I was young and immature and thought I could change something in the world with my words. I gradually learned how small the bubble of my world is... and have learnt now not to be narrow in my thoughts and to understand others' lives trying to be in their shoes... I've always been more of a reader than an author, I write as if compelled despite myself to show to every single person in the world about our Lord's Most Beautiful Love for us.      

What genre books you like to work on? 

Spiritual of course. Though I like to work fantasy too, even started one but I gave up when I discovered I was too lazy to do the proper world building. The characters from the unfinished novel still haunt me! 

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up? 

Perhaps, it would depend I guess. 

Then we would love to read a Werewolf Romance genre book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

The story of an ordinary girl living an ordinary life in reality attracts nobody yet write it as a novel or biography, then there are people who could relate to it... so the charms of writing are many like gaining knowledge, broadening our perspective, creating characters, making up their lives and habits, losing ourselves into our own happy world of writing when reality becomes too much to bear, also benefiting others and the list goes on... 

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad? 

Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, Georgette Heyer, Rafael Sabatini, Arthur Conan Doyle, S.K. Ali, Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani, Imam Ghazzali, Hazrat Inayat Khan, Moulana Zakariya Kandhalawi, Abdur Raheem to name a few outside Wattpad. Inside there are just a few I guess because I don't read here much, Aria08, KittyCrackers, Syed Nawaz, silver6hasAttaruwa 

Name few of your close wattpad friends. 

Aria08, Mosiac, zukzuk, onyizaRaaz14

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read? 

Arkaan Series by Attaruwa. It is not complete though, just Book 1 'The Circle Of The Qur'an' has been finished but it is so wonderful! The author has fulfilled all the dreams which I wanted to use in a fantasy book...I simply went to cloud nine. 

Who is your favorite actor/actress? 

None. I've not watched movies in a long time, though I do see good animation ones, like Studio Ghibli Productions. 

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love? 

Tai Lung from Kung Fu Panda :)

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading? 

Trying to paint, simply sitting and observing nature, dancing with the waves, dreaming a lot...

What are your hidden talents? 

I'm a very patient person I believe unless there happens to be injustice. Being just is in my name!

Who is your first celebrity crush? 

I think it was Harry Potter, I mean from the book.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through? 

It is so embarrassing that I've locked it up in a tiny box, put it inside another, and put that into another which went into a strong trunk which I then tied up with a stout rope and threw it far into the deep well of my mind.

One craziest thing you have ever done? 

Once in a town fair, I sat in a big ol' rickety Ferris wheel being a lover of heights. Nobody would join me and in the end my Dad had to agree. He still says that he sat there praying the Kalima (the last words a Muslim is supposed to say before dying)!  

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement. 

Always search your heart and whisper a prayer, this will never fail to help you. And read, read, read. Then scribble, scribble, scribble whatever pops in your mind. From others, you'll learn how to really write a good book and how not to write one. And never forget, there would always be someone out there to read your story, your words, so just bring them all out!

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic? 

No. It had never even occurred to me but I used to consume them mindlessly, the daily clips from newspapers. I recently read Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi which was fascinating.  

What do you feel about this interview? 

All Praise is to Allaah. I never thought I would be interviewed by those who didn't even know my works. It was a pleasant surprise, thank you so much for your kindness in acknowledging art in all places.

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us. 

Again, thanks a lot! It was fun answering you guys. May you find peace and love in all art you find :)

 We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.