@KateLorraine

Pen Name: Althea Liu

Username: KateLorraine

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

--------

How many books have you published till date?

Does publishing online count? If so, I guess 7 completed books.

What are your future projects?

Black Waters - a book about pollution and the end of times. Also, I have submitted a short story to the Paid Authors Christmas Anthology which will be coming out soon!

What is writing to you?

A great hobby :). Probably a little more lucrative than MMORPGS or trading bitcoin.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

I think I enjoyed reading a lot as a child so that led to my love of writing.

What genre books you like to work on?

Mostly YA, fantasy, and chick lit.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Haha, that would have to depend on what genre. For one thing, I am pretty terrible at erotica.

Then we would love to read a Crime Thriller book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I think it is great to share your thoughts and inner world with other people. It is definitely cheaper than therapy.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

Anne Rice, Stephen King, John Irving, JK Rowling, and Tolkien.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

All my readers and followers are my friends :)

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

American Horror Story, Game of Thrones

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Cody Fern

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Same as above haha.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Shopping, eating out, walking my Pomeranians

What are your hidden talents?

Being able to eat many quail eggs at Hotpot.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

Leonardo DiCaprio (even though he's a bit sketchy now)

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

Accidentally grabbing the wrong child at daycare. I thought it was my kid who was always throwing things, turns out for once it was someone else's haha.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Drink four Peter Luger Manhattan cocktails in one night. I almost ended up in the ER!

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Try to find a story that you can work on consistently. I think sometimes it helps to imagine an ideal reader in your head. It doesn't have to be someone alive or that you even know. I think once you find that person that your books are directed to, you tend to come back to it with greater frequency. Try not to write to chase trends or what is popular. It's easy to lose interest that way.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

I wish! If only I could draw!

What do you feel about this interview?

It was great fun! Thank you!!!

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.