@Muskan_Akbar

Pen Name: The Grey Bird

Username: Muskan_Akbar

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

I believe I live in a mutual side of life, I have equal amount of white and black in me but I mostly prefer the shades and I'm always flying in my dreamland like a bird, so grey bird.

How many books have you published till date?

I have published 6-7 on wattpad, signed a contract for 2 books on Dreame and am going to publish a paperback novel this August.

What are your future projects?

I'm hoping to write a friendzoned story + a woman based fantasy tale (Something like Lord of the rings, game of thrones)

What is writing to you?

I have a body that's really tiny but I have a soul that's really huge and that soul is writing.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

I was 5 when I wrote my first poem and I was 16 when my novel became a hit in a neighboring country. And I was 17 when I began to take writing seriously. It's been in my fate for a long time. I guess it's my destiny.

What genre books you like to work on?

I work on fantasy/general fiction/ romance/ spiritual/ thriller and poetry (yep, I didn't leave many)

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

I believe every story is destined to have a writer and they find their writer any how so if I get a chance to write a story from other genre I'll not hesitate, it might be not my best work but I'm guaranteed to have a best time.

Then we would like to read a Historical Romance genre book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

Amazing quote, first of all. Secondly may it be fiction, may it be non fiction if the writer connects with the characters and the story there's no way the reader won't see the charm. The connection between the writer and the story is the charm.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

Taqi-Writer, writer of Halal love starts after marriage and rk_writes95 who has recently left wattpad and became a bestseller poet. Also, Durjoy Dutta and Savi Sharma along with Anuj Tiwari.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

I really don't have many close wattpad friends, I have just returned after 2 years of break. Hakimuddin Ogna, a wattpad famous poet and rk_writes95, a bestseller poet.

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

I am not into reading much.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Natalie Dormer!!!!

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Ramsay Bolton from Game of thrones.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

I'm a dancer, I love baking and I love collecting stories.

What are your hidden talents?

I have a weird art of convincing anyone for anything. People usually realise it later.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

Joey Tribbiani from Days of our lives (Matt leblanc from friends)

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

Weirdly embarrassing situation was once I was invited to this readers meet where there were several wattpad fans and out of the blue somebody mentioned my first novel. She was a bit too mean and I wanted to be a part of the conversation so I began saying mean things too but later the rest of the people actually appreciated the novel and I felt happy in the inside and worst on the outside. This got even worse when somebody actually pointed out that damn I was the author.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Roasted a senior author in an interview because he killed my favorite character.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but have no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Writing is the only thing that dosen't take courage. It's simple, pick a pen and let the ink flow, read whatever you have written and always remember that is what was inside you and that is a part of you.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

Who hasn't? I hope I'll actually write my own comic someday!

What do you feel about this interview?

I'm in love with the questions, being an interviewer journalist myself, I feel you have covered all needed questions! I'm glad that I got to answer such wonderful questions and I'm hoping to hear from you soon! Thank you for making me a part of this! Please let me know if I could be of any help!

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.