@xowhiterose

Pen Name: xowhiterose

Username: J.Vizcaya

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

No, my pen name is not my legal name. My real name is Jasmin Salgado. The pen name came to me easily as I love white roses and I refer my readers as little roses at the end of each author note. I saw the pen name fit perfectly so why not.

How many books have you published till date?

Four thus far

What are your future projects?

I really want to finish writing "the mafia series" it's just a matter of finding time and inspiration. I would also really love to stray from mafia stories and perhaps get into writing more friendly coming of age stories that every youth male or female can both relate to and find pleasure.

What is writing to you?

Writing is my time of solitude it's where I connect with my inner creative self. Writing is a form of expressing my emotions, thoughts, and many times my fantasies

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

A little of both. Growing up I never thought I would be one to write a book let alone pick one up for pleasure. English wasn't my best subject but then came a time in high school where the only way I could express myself and enjoy my time came in the form of writing and reading even if I wasn't the best at it. Now English is my everything, literally it's my major in college lol. I want to become a English college professor at a university and write stories both functional and research on the side.

What genre books you like to work on?

I believe that when it comes to writing one should really stick to what they love to read the most as it makes the process a much more exciting and enjoyable one. It could many times even save you from writer's block or suffering from discouragement with finishing writing the work. Personally I really enjoy reading romance, action, coming of age and poetry so it was no surprise that most of my published stories are centered around these genres.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

I wish I would be down to but I honestly don't have time to write at the moment and if its a genre I am not very comfortable with both reading and writing then the process of writing it will just be a rough one for me and most likely the work I will come out with will be one that isn't my best and being the perfectionist I am I want to give my absolute best to my readers.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

From a fictional writers point of view, I believe that the charms of writing these types of stories is the fact that there are no limits, no restrictions on which you can write about. With fiction you have the power to write whatever your heart desires without fearing that someone will call you out for writing about werewolves, vampires, unicorns or nonexistent far away lands. Moreover, with non fictional stories the charms that come with these types of stories is the fact that you can write about real life issues going on around you that you are passionate about. This brings light to these topics or issues in which you can then educate a bigger audience in a creative/entertaining way.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

My favorite authors/writers are Shakespeare, Stephen King, Edgar allen poe, and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

Lol just as in real life I have no friends the same is said for myself on wattpad...Sad I know haha

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

I really love The Handmaid's Tale as well as Jane the Virgin. A series I have been reading for a while now is Madika here on wattpad's Alpha series. I also enjoy reading the Centuries series by thebiblicalsinner

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Favorite actor Leonardo Dicaprio and favorite actress I have to say is Sandra Bullock

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

As of today none lol the writers do a good job at making it difficult to do so.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Aside from reading and writing I enjoy modeling and fashion. I also enjoy baking.

What are your hidden talents?

I have none if I am being honest here.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

Zac Efron

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

When I walked past my parents bedroom and heard them having sex, talk about disgusting.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Swim with sharks in Hawaii.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but have no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

To those writing or wanting to write a story a tip I advise you to keep in mind while writing would be to remember to choose quality over quantity. Your story doesn't have to be thousands of words or pages long to be good. And to those afraid of writing whether its because they don't think they have a good story idea or because they aren't the best at grammar or writing, the only thing I can tell you is that at the end of the day if writing makes you happy and you enjoy reading what you write then who cares about what others think. What really inspired me into writing my first story was a quote I read by Toni Morrison it goes like this," If there is a book you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it" and this goes even if you are not the best in grammar, if you really want to write then you'll find ways to edit your work.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

Comics are not really my thing nor can I draw but it would be cool to try and write one.

What do you feel about this interview?

I enjoyed it very much and am very glad you reached out to me so I could really think about and see the many reasons as to why I am studying English in university and why I am so passionate about my work and literature as a whole.

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.