@lailamehtaab

Pen Name: Laila Mehtaab

Username: lailamehtaab

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

No, it's not. People called me and my bestie 'Laila and Mujno' (lovers from folklore). I was the Mujno and she was my Laila. Also, she was like my mentor, shining bright like a moon. So that's how this name came into being. A tribute to my late bestie.

How many books have you published till date?

Four.

What are your future projects?

There are few but the most important one is requested by many readers of 'You are Mine' and 'You will always be Mine'. Another one is 'WHERE' a very old work of mine which I really wanted to continue soon. After that, if life gave me the time I have two Urdu stories in my to-do list.

What is writing to you?

For me, it's a teacher or you can say tool to experience life in a different way. After start writing, I have changed, as well as my point of view about the things happening around me. I think I have become more aware of my surroundings. Maybe because I have to observe things to write.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

Well, to be honest. None of them. I start writing because I miss the desi touch in wattpad stories and I keep on working because of my readers.

What genre books you like to work on?

Fantasy! (I realized it recently)

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Sure! And I will remember to dedicate the work to you guys :)

Then we would like to read a Paranormal Romance genre book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

Non-fiction is not my cup of tea. As for fiction, it's a realm I live in. The main charm of writing fiction is the method used for merging the fantasy with reality and leave a valuable lesson for the reader.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

RobThier, he is my most favorite wattpad writer and out of wattpad, I like 'Ibn-e-Safi' the most

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

Have only one AdibahRafhanah

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

I haven't read or watched any series for quite some time.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Johnny Depp, have no preference in actress

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

T3B (Theresia - Bumblebee of Bohemia) from Imran Series. Loves her character and her intelligence.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Craftwork and music listening

What are your hidden talents?

Writing, I guess. Only a handful of people knows that I write.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

Keanu Reeves

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

It was a situation quite long ago. I was coming back from university and because of heavy rain, the roads near to my home was filled with almost a fit of water. While crossing the road one of my sandals slipped from my foot and I was unable to find it for a few minutes. It was quite awkward since the rain wasn't predicted, I didn't have an umbrella and I was soaking wet. So, I gave up and start walking barefoot, suddenly a guy approached me holding my sandal in his hand. It was so nice of him that he went out of his way to help me but it was embarrassing when his friends laughed while I was taking my sandal from him.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

Riding on the top of the coaster bus with my brother while going on a picnic.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but have no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

The most important thing, read and read more. Try starting with small stories and don't be afraid to show your thoughts. Because every book has its reader. Don't haste and don't give up. By the mid of my first book, I only had 300 readers. So don't take the number so seriously, we were same as you too :)

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

OMG, yes. But I don't think I have skills for it :/

What do you feel about this interview?

Nice experience. I had to question myself several times.

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

It was a pleasure for me :)

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.