Chapter 2

'No!'

It was Raymond's idea of a sudden release.

'If I'm kicked out of Belland's treatment center, I can never be a formal healer.'

Of course, Raymond had no regrets about the Belland Clinic. Quite frankly, he wanted to leave immediately.

However, he could not do so because of the rules of the Tower of Healing.

To become an official healer recognized by the Tower of Healing, one must complete an apprenticeship and then pass a certification exam.

If you don't pass the exam, you will just become a "non-approved" healer who was not authorized.

Not only will you not be able to stand out in public, but if you are reported, you will be arrested for unauthorized treatment!

'A healer is the only profession in which I, a bastard, can be socially successful! I must persevere by any means necessary and become an official healer.'

He must never be kicked out, even if he was dirty and cheap.

"It was a well-thought-out decision. We've already given you enough time. Five years."

Lance chuckled.

"Honestly, I can't believe someone with such a terrible talent as you is a healer, senior. It's just not worth talking about. If it hadn't been for your 'father', you would have been kicked out within a year."

Raymond was frustrated.

It seemed that Lance and the other healers had already made their decision.

'What do I do?'

At that moment, a message came to mind.

[You can treat a patient through surgery.]

Raymond gritted his teeth.

He was bound to get kicked out if he continued like this.

He decided to try anything.

"Then I will prove to you that I can heal the sick."

"...!"

Lance frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"It's as I said. Assign me a patient and I'll treat him or her. Just give me one chance."

Lance scoffed.

"You think it's a prank to see patients. I understand. I have just the right patient for you."

Lance took out a document and presented it to Raymond.

"We have a patient badly infected in the hip area. Please treat this patient."

"...!"

Then Lance spoke with enthusiasm in his voice.

"If you can treat this patient, I won't kick you out, senior."

There was a reason why Lance did this.

Because hip infections were difficult diseases that required at least a B grade healing.

There was no way Raymond could treat a patient like that.

'Of course, he'll say that he can't do it.'

But to his surprise, Raymond did not shake his head.

He suppressed his trembling heart in horror and replied like this!

"Yes, I understand. I'll try to treat the patient."

Lance's eyes grew wide.

He had never imagined that Raymond would agree to this.