Chapter 161

"Since they've already submitted their resignations, investigate the backgrounds of the existing officials. They were all corrupt and greedy, so they likely accumulated wealth through corruption. Confiscate everything."

This was to cover the shortfall!

'If they had remained as officials, it wouldn't have been easy to conduct such a thorough investigation. Remerton has really given me significant help.'

And then he added a word.

"I'm sure there's some money they've received from His Highness Remerton, too, and I want you to check it all out and confiscate it."

"Yes, sir!"

Rao did as he was told.

He was able to confiscate a large sum of money.

The amount of corruption they had committed under the wicked lord was enormous.

Add to that the money that Remerton had given them, and the total was close to a million pena.

'I was wondering where to secure the funds, but with this money, I can breathe a sigh of relief.'

Raymond sighed.

He'd spent a lot of money bribing officials, and it all ended up in Raymond's pocket.

Remerton had inadvertently given Raymond a huge gift.

In addition to the money, there was an income to be gained.

There were also other gains beyond money, namely the cheers of the people in the territory.

They saw Raymond's actions against the corrupt managers as a form of righteous retribution.

"But what are you going to do now?"

Raymond had taken care of the ducks, but he didn't have an official to take care of business.

Management is the backbone of the territory.

Without them, the territory doesn't run.

The problem is, hiring the right people isn't easy.

Raymond struggled with this.

'I have to be careful with the management. I want the most competent people I can get.'

The problem is, finding that kind of management isn't easy.

'What can I do?'

As Raymond pondered, a thought flashed through his mind.

'Do I have any skills that could help?'

He quickly scrolled through the marketplace.

Several items popped up, but there was one he didn't recognize.

They were labeled 'Healer Lord.'

[Diplomatic Correspondence]

[The Art of Negotiation]

And so on.

These were the skills needed to be a Healer Lord, or a monarch!

Among them were these skills.

[Administrative Tasks]

It was a skill that would be useful in the current situation.

If he masters this skill, he would be able to become proficient in administrative work.

But Raymond shook his head.

'No. I shouldn't be doing the administrative work, I should be hiring competent officials to do it for me.'