Chapter 64

"Solen is the worst kind of loan shark, especially because he would approach patients who couldn't afford treatment and exploit them by lending them money at usurious rates."

It was called 'patient loan sharking'.

The worst kind of loan shark, taking advantage of desperate patients!

It was an open secret in the kingdom's healing circles that Solen had joined forces with Baron Canton of Maple Healing Center.

"The Master is just trying to figure out how best to use this opportunity to settle the score with those who have been wronged by Solen."

Hanson clenched his fists.

"The Master wants to go beyond the disease, beyond the broken hearts of his patients, and beyond that, to make their lives happy."

The atmosphere grew somber.

Rao reflected, suspicious of Raymond again, and Christine was once again in awe.

Meanwhile, Raymond,

'...It's none of those things, you idiots.'

He shuddered. It felt like the number of idiots in the clinic was growing.

Then, a timely message!

[Quest has occurred.]

[Wipe the Tears from the Patients' Eyes!]
(Humanities Quest)

[Prerequisite: Middle Physician

Difficulty: Medium

Quest Description: A wicked man has taken advantage of the patients' desperate situation and made them cry tears of blood. Punish the villain and wipe away the patients' tears of blood. Restore their happiness!

Clear Conditions: Solen'a bankruptcy. Cancel the Patients' Debts

Reward: Bonus Level Up x2, 30 Skill Points

Perks: Solen's fortune, high fame]

[You can temporarily raise the proficiency of one skill to A-grade to solve the quest.]

'...What kind of ridiculous quest is this?'

Raymond made a dumbfounded face.

He couldn't even pay his own debts!

Let alone Solen's bankruptcy.

It was impossible.

'Then why is the difficulty level 'Medium' if it's an impossible quest?'

In his experience, 'Easy' was a difficulty level that could be completed without much effort.

'Medium' was not easy, but still achievable.

'High' was jaw-droppingly difficult.

'Medium difficulty doesn't mean it's impossible, but is it really possible to do something like that, with an A in a single skill?'

Raymond pondered. It was another quest, but the perk was "Solen's Fortune," which meant it was a must-do, no matter how hard it was!

'How much is Solen's fortune? Aigoo. My heart is racing.'

It wasn't the level of a normal rich person, it was a 'huge fortune.'

'Huge. Fortune. Super rich!'

Thump! Thump!

Raymond's heart thundered in his chest as he envisioned himself as super rich, so loudly that he feared it might break.

'I have to do this quest, even if it means risking my life!'