Chapter 136

"Elmud, please install what I have prepared."

"Yes, Master!"

Thud!

Elmud set the heavy object on the table inside the tent.

It was an expensive magic tool, a magnifying glass!

"...What is that?"

"It's a magnifying glass, it enlarges things. Excuse me, could you please bring me some water to soak the legs of the patient with the desert worm?"

Tang Kan did as he was told, looking dubious.

Raymond collected the water, gave it a quick treatment, and set it up in the magnifying glass.

"Take a look for yourself."

Still reluctant, Tang Kan put his eyes to the magnifying glass.

And to his horror, there were hideous worms wriggling about!

"These, these!"

"It's the desert worm, a water flea. You consume them, and you get the desert worm."

Raymond boiled some water, this time, and showed it to him through a magnifying glass.

This time, all the daphnia were dead.

Raymond turned to Tang Kan, who was stunned.

"Now you know why boiling water keeps the desert bugs at bay, don't you?"

"..."

Tang Kan's mouth hung open for a long moment before he spoke.

"H-how do you know this? Are you some sort of desert child from the heavens?"

The concept of a desert child was a legendary belief among the desert tribes.

They believed that one day, a great desert child would descend from the sky and become their savior.

One of the legends spoke of a desert bug, and it was prophesized that the Child of the Desert would vanquish these bugs with an almighty spear.

'No, I don't think so.'

Killing bugs with boiling water is just simple medical common sense.

A moment to shake his head.

A brilliant idea popped into Raymond's head.

A way to get their full cooperation!

'...It's a scam, but hey, I'm giving them a way to get rid of desert bugs, so I guess it's worth it.'

"I'm not a child of the desert."

"B-But how do you know this?"

"However, I did hear the voice of the sky. To eliminate the desert bugs that bother them through my medical skills. I... don't know if it was a sign from heaven"

It wasn't a lie at all.

He heard the voice of the quest!

As expected, the tribal people's reaction was intense.

"A voice! Is that true?"

"It must be a sign from the heavens!"

Tang Kan and the other tribesmen exclaimed in awe.

"Then, does that mean that this foreign prince is really a child of the desert?"

"But why a child of the desert in a faraway land?"

Raymond waited until they had talked long enough.

'I may not be a child of the desert, but I must make myself seem like one... or something close to it.'