Chapter 80

'Isn't it wonderful?'

Galman's words flashed through his mind.

But Odin didn't answer the question, as if he shouldn't.

But it wasn't that he wasn't aware of Raymond's brilliance.

How could he not be?

He knew.

Raymond was indeed a remarkable healer. No, more than a healer, he was a servant.

Had there ever been a man in the world who had done more for the kingdom of Houston than Raymond?

But he must not be honored and approached.

Raymond was his illegitimate son.

'After all, it's all my fault.'

Yes, it was all his responsibility. But, he thought bitterly.

'Even so, I am King of Houston. I must act for the good of the Kingdom above all else.'

Odin ascended to the throne with the blood of his three siblings on the tip of his sword, and in penance, he spent the rest of his life working for the Kingdom of Houston.

A living machine, driven solely by the kingdom, that's how Odin saw himself.

It was the same now.

His personal feelings didn't matter, and he had no intention of ever treating Raymond as his child.

On the contrary, the better he was, the more callous he should be to others.

Heartless.

He had to be less than perfect because it was the 'right' thing to do for the kingdom.

But then.

He remembered the last look in Raymond's eyes.

So deep.

Those empty ones.

Odin turned away from them with all his might.

And so Odin valued his duty as king more than he valued his flesh and blood, knowing how his actions would hurt Raymond for the rest of his life.

He thought It was the 'right' thing to do.

He didn't know if that was his greatest fault.

***

At that moment, Seitil, the Fourth Prince, was grumbling in his room.

'Fuck this!'

Raymond's name was being called more and more.

Even the Second Prince, Kairen, mockingly said something like this.

'At this rate, Raymond will really be our brother? I need you to take care of him as a brother, Seitil.'

He won't let that happen!

With that, Seitil once again summoned Count Garinson.

"Is there no way?"

Count Garinson was grinding his teeth at Raymond.

His last plot had gone awry, and he was now half-buried in noble society.

"There's one way."

"What is it?"

"By taking advantage of the upcoming Founding Festival."

Seitil, a swordsmanship genius, was rather slow to turn his head.

He didn't understand what Count Garinson was saying and made a puzzled face.