Chapter 167

"The Penin Clinic operates on the principle of serving the people, and individuals like you, with hearts for the people, are a natural fit."

The two lords fell silent.

The words struck a chord in their hearts.

'Can we genuinely claim to be for the people now?'

Yet, they were rejecting Raymond's assistance.

For mere political reasons.

Disregarding the suffering their people would endure due to their refusal.

That's when Raymond made his proposal.

"Here's the offer. I'll treat you for free, and in return, please lease your territories for just one month."

"...!"

Their eyes widened again.

"That's...!"

"It's only for one month. I'll utilize it during that time and return it to you, with interest, of course. The territory will be better than you could ever imagine."

The two fell silent.

Now Raymond was offering to restore the territory in exchange for their healing.

"Isn't this a fair deal? I'll heal you for free and rejuvenate your lands. I don't believe there's a better offer in the world."

Raymond was correct.

But still, when they didn't provide an immediate answer, he sighed.

"If you're unwilling, it's your choice. Perhaps I misjudged you."

"...!"

"As I mentioned earlier, the Penin Clinic operates on a singular principle. If you're not willing to act for the sake of the people, there's no room for negotiation."

Throbbing, throbbing, throbbing.

Raymond's heart pounded wildly as he spoke.

'What if their dedication to the people isn't as strong as I believe?'

Then it's over.

They'll walk away.

But Raymond resolutely reminded himself.

'It is what it is, and I must play the game.'

"I don't think Prince Remerton would fault you for your decision. It's not only for the good of the people; it's for the recovery of a loyal servant."

The two clenched their fists.

Despite Raymond's words, Remerton would surely have something to say.

A conflict brewed in their minds.

'What should we do? Is this really our responsibility?'

'It's for the good of the people, and for the good of our bodies.'

Honestly, it was beneath the dignity of a ruler to resort to such tactics.

'Okay, enough of the persuasion.'

It was time to deliver the final blow.

Raymond had prepared well in advance, and the door burst open at just the right moment.

"Master, it's urgent! Issues at the recovery site!"

It was Lyndon!

For the record, there hadn't been an actual emergency; Raymond had orchestrated Lyndon's entrance to add a touch of drama.