Chapter 160

Do not vote on the chapters unless you want this story to be removed.
—-

That was enough.

"Ah!"

"The heavens have not forsaken us!"

"The light of the Houston army has come to our aid!"

Just in time, a message came to mind.

[A quest will take place!]

[Repair the Devastation of War!]
(Medicine Quest)

[Prerequisite: Middle Physician

Difficulty: Medium

Quest Description: The castle is in terrible condition due to the devastation of the war. There will be more patients than you can handle. Repair the devastation as a healer!

Conditions: Repair War Damage

Reward: Bonus level up x2, 60 Skill Points

Perks: Impress the People, Support]

Raymond was quick to issue his first order.

"We'll set aside formalities for now and commence with the urgent restoration, Elmud."

"Yes, my lord!"

The skill he had acquired upon advancing to the rank of Peacekeeper, Disaster Command, promptly came into play.

Raymond was able to issue directives that suited the circumstances perfectly.

"Elmud, I want you to collaborate with the castle's strong men to repair the collapsed infrastructure. Rao, please assess the castle's supply shortages. As for Hanson, Lyndon, and the other healers..."

Raymond bestowed his most vital instruction upon the healers who accompanied him.

"Tend to the ill and injured. If you encounter anyone critically unwell and beyond your capacity to heal, bring them directly to me."

Raymond regarded his grim-faced constituents.

Sanitation and nutrition were in a dire state, a recipe for a potential epidemic.

No, maybe the plague was already here.

They had to act fast.

"In the future."

Raymond said to the people watching him.

"I will not let anyone die in vain. Follow me."

"...!"

The people's eyes widened at the warm, trusting words.

And so Raymond began to work for the people.

***

He couldn't tell how much time had passed.

Raymond was busy treating patients and directing recovery efforts.

'The castle was involved in several battles and suffered heavy damage.'

Luin Castle was sieged several times during the war.

It was captured and re-captured three times, causing a lot of damage and leaving many areas in need of repair.

'What's even more serious is the condition of the patients. There are too many who haven't received proper treatment'

With all the proper healers fleeing to the safety of the rear, many patients wounded in the war were left untreated.

Many had languished and died, and those who had managed to survive were in serious condition.