Chapter 192

"I'll check with the Tower of Healing."

Smallpox epidemic information is shared by the Tower of Healing.

Ironically, not for the sake of healing, but for the safety of the healers.

It was an unofficial rule at the Tower of Healing to evacuate during outbreaks of highly lethal epidemics like the Black Death and smallpox.

Christine was quickly informed.

"There's an epidemic in the East Province of the Iron Empire."

East Province.

The Iron Empire, Eastern Province, was the eastern end of the continent.

The Kingdom of Houston lay deep in the west of the continent, almost on the other side of the continent.

'It's too far, and the Iron Empire is a place I can't go.'

Raymond shook his head.

Distance was distance, and the Iron Empire and the League of Nations were always in a state of near-war.

It was not a place he could realistically go.

"Isn't there anywhere else?"

"There was an epidemic in the Free City Alliance, but it's pretty much died down now, thanks to the work of the Crimson Saint, and I think there's another one, but I'm not sure yet..."

Christine said something unexpected.

"It's the Kingdom of Droton."

"...!"

"Not long ago, there was a suspected smallpox outbreak south of the capital of the Kingdom of Droton."

Raymond's face stiffened.

This was unexpected news.

Just then, the door suddenly opened.

"Your Excellency, we have an urgent message from the Kingdom of Droton!"

Raymond turned to the communications crystal and saw a familiar face.

Macapell III!

It was the young king.

-Master! I have reached out to you for help.

The younh king's complexion was white.

-We have a smallpox outbreak near the capital of the Kingdom of Droton! It's threatening to spread to our capital city, Josef.

"....!"

-I will give you any reward, please save our Droton Kingdom!

***

The capital of the Kingdom of Houston.

In the absence of King Odin and other high-ranking nobles, something unexpected happened at the meeting.

"... For these merits, I am granting Count Penin the title of Marquis and feudal lord of the Province of Rafalde."

King Odin made this declaration.

Up to this point, nothing much had happened.

It was all expected.

The faction of princes who opposed Raymond had no voice.

The problem was what happened next.

Remerton spoke up.

"May I make a remark, father?"