Chapter 24

At that time, some people hesitated and asked.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"But I can't believe it. There were princes who had said similar things before. They all said they were for us, and in the end... they only left after causing great damage."

Raymond thought.

'Other princes have come to the Bay Area before?'

It was the first time he heard it.

Anyway, he didn't expect people to accept what he said.

Of course, he expected some people to be suspicious.

"I understand that you can't believe what I'm saying. So, how about doing it like this?"

"...?"

Raymond pulled out a big card.

"This is the deepest part of the slums. I am going to treat patients on Chrison Street."

"...!"

Shock spread among the slum people.

"W-What did you say? Are you serious about this?"

They had no choice but to show these reactions.

The reason was that the poorest street, Chrison Street, was...

"Yes, I will cure the patients cursed by the God who live in hiding there."

"...!"

A place where people suffering from a horrible disease called "God's Curse" gathered!

It was a place where people with such horrible diseases gathered that even people from the same slums avoided going in and out.

Murmuring.

Raymond spoke in a deep voice to the people in the slums who looked at each other in confusion.

"If I treat patients who have been cursed by God, from now on, do not ever misunderstand my true intentions again. Do you understand?"

***

There was another darkness in the Bay Area, the magic cave of the capital.

Chrison Street.

It was a place where patients who have "God's Curse" live together to avoid people.

"G-God's curse. What if I get cursed?"

Hanson looked very nervous.

"Aren't they living in hiding in the deepest depths, afraid it'll move to someone else? It's not safe."

Everyone was afraid that the curse given by God would spread, so they did not try to deal with such patients.

However, Raymond had a different idea.

'It's not a curse." It's just a skin disease.'

When he was young, he met a patient who was cursed by God by chance.

In light of the knowledge of "general medicine," it was not a curse. It was just a skin disease.

'I have to check with my eyes to see if the disease is what I think it is.'

If the disease was correct, it could be treated simply.

It was a disease that had already been medically developed.

"If you're so worried, Hanson, you can stay here. I'll go alone."

Raymond said so in consideration of Hanson.