Chapter 137

He was looking forward to it, but there wasn't much to say.

"Haha, I don't know how to repay you, Light of the Foreign Lands, thank you so much."

"No, I'm just happy to be a healer."

"You really are amazing, your disciples say you're like a beacon of light, with no tongue for bathing, only for others. It seems to be true."

Raymond's chest burned.

'No, I'm not like that at all. Don't you have any sense of modesty, old man? If you make a promise, you keep it. Give me the treasure!'

Unaware of his true intentions, Tang Kan only smiled and praised Raymond.

When Raymond's insides had dried up with impatience, he spoke up.

"I am pleased to offer the treasure of my clan to the great Light of the Foreign Lands, please follow me."

'At last!'

Raymond's heart thumped in his chest.

'What a treasure? It must be a treasure of enormous splendor and cost, for Archduke Berard to want it.'

Who is Archduke Berard?

The man who has seized all the wealth of the Kingdom of Droton.

For a man like him to want it, it must be a treasure of great value.

Maybe this treasure alone will be enough to make him super rich..

"This is it."

Tang Kan led Raymond into an old-fashioned tent.

Raymond's heart swelled with anticipation as he saw an old, worn dagger.

"This dagger is the treasure of our clan."

"... pardon?"

Raymond's expression conveyed his disillusionment.

The treasure that Archduke Berard coveted was nothing more than this old antique dagger?

'No way! What kind of treasure is this?!'

He closely examined the dagger, hoping to find some hidden value in it, but to no avail.

Even the blade was dull and unremarkable.

But Tang Kan was proud as ever.

"This dagger once belonged to our clan's holy man, Ramen. He was a healer, and it is said that he risked his life with this dagger to keep enemies at bay."

"Ah, no... a dagger like this is..."

"Haha, no need to say no, since the Light of the Foreign Lands is also a healer, I think it would be a good fit."

'No, I don't want this antique!'

Raymond wanted to shout, but Tang Kan held out the dagger with a smile on his face.

'It's not antiques like this I was hoping for. I won't even get a hundred pena for it.'

His expectations were high, and his disappointment was great. He swallowed his tears and held the dagger in his hand.

[You have acquired a 'Special Weapon'!]

[Ramen's Dagger]

[Type : Offense Item (One-time)

Rank: Unique

-A dagger once wielded by the Lan saint, Ramen! By becoming the wielder of this dagger, you will inherit some of the power of the saint who died to protect his tribe!]