Chapter 68

'These bastards. Ugh. What the hell.'

The intent of the letter was clear. The Healing Tower would no longer monitor Raymond's progress. Raymond's heart thudded in his chest. But he didn't give in and clenched his fists.

'I'm not going to lie down just to see the Healing Tower!'

He was honestly shaking.

He was a coward.

He didn't have the pulpit or the power to take on an organization like the Tower of Healing.

But he had come this far, and he couldn't stop just because the Tower of Healing wanted him to.

"I'll give you my answer: I'm just working for the patients."

The other frowned.

"Foolish, I hope you don't regret that decision."

As the other man walked away, Raymond sighed heavily.

'We have to do something! We can't let them eat us like this!'

But before he could think of a plan, a dark cloud rolled in.

The Orange Zone.

A patient with a life-threatening condition had been brought in from a nobleman's residence.

***

In the center of the capital, next to the royal castle, in the Orange Quarter, stood a gleaming, shining mansion.

It was the Raul Healing Center, one of the three major healing centers, and the only one that treated nobles.

The number of healers was not as large as one might expect.

Less than ten?

But they were all splendid.

At least B-level.

There were a whopping three A-ranked healers.

In particular, Viscount Rand, the director, was an A+, the highest-ranked healer in the entire kingdom, ranking in the top ten.

Aside from Count Helien, who was a "triple-A" healer, he was the best healer in the kingdom!

It was a great place to be a healer, but something was off today.

"I'm sorry, sir. I've done my best, but I think you should prepare yourself, Baron."

A middle-aged noblewoman was dying!

A nobleman, who appeared to be her husband, clung to her with a desperate face.

"Is there no way, please, I'll pay any price, but please save her life!"

The healers looked at each other in confusion.

'It's already wrong. She's in no condition to be saved with a heals.'

The lady was already unconscious.

Her face was like a corpse, and her breathing was pale and thin.

The experienced healers had already realized that she was beyond their reach.

"As I told you before, she has a serious infection in the green fluid sac. We've been treating it, but it's gotten worse, and we can't use our hands anymore."

Green fluid sac was another way of saying gallbladder.

'Most of them can be treated with a Class A heal, but this one has an infection that's gone too far.'

Smyden, the nobleman, made a face of despair.

"Ah...!"

He grabbed his wife's hand and burst into tears.