Chapter 110

'Hmm. Considering my goal is wealth, I think the Golden Road would be a good fit.'

The name said it all. The Golden Road sounded like a fast-track to a fortune.

'Any explanation?'

The message came to mind as if answering.

[Golden Road]

[Description: Career path given to doctors who walk the Golden Road.

-Specializes in developing commercial skills!

-When choosing this path, you will gain the 'Golden Ear' attribute!

-You will be able to acquire great wealth!]

'Oooh.'

Raymond swallowed hard.

A golden ear.

It was an ecstatic attribute. His mouth watered.

'The Tower of Medicine, then? The Third Path?'

[Tower of Medicine]

[Description: A career path for doctors who aspire to reach the pinnacle of medicine.

-Specializes in developing medical skills!

-You will gain the 'Seeker of Medicine' attribute!

-Through endless endeavors, you will be able to reach the ultimate in medicine!]

[The Third Path]

[Description: A path reserved for those who seek to transcend the boundaries of medicine.

-Limitations: Cannot be selected due to the low rank of the class.

-You must reach the rank of 'Master' to choose this path!]

'What exactly is the third path, anyway? I can't choose it now.'

He must choose between the Golden Road and the Tower of Medicine.

'... The Tower of Medicine, of course.'

Though he coveted the Golden Road, Raymond didn't fall into the trap.

'After all, if I become the best healer, the riches will come naturally.'

If his dream was simply to get rich, he would have chosen the Golden Road.

His ambition went beyond mere riches.

He sought to be the epitome of excellence, to be revered and esteemed, to escape the shackles of subordination, and to bask in the splendor of a privileged existence.

Born out of wedlock, he aspired to transcend social barriers and revel in the grandeur of a life well-lived-his desires extending far beyond mere wealth.

It had to be the absolute pinnacle, surpassing all others.

'Still, the Golden Road's talent is a pity. Why can't I have both? It would be greedy, wouldn't it?'

But then he remembered this answer.

[In the future, if the conditions are met, you can change your path, and you can change it again.]

Raymond blinked.

'Tower of Medicine, Golden Road, Tower of Medicine again, Third Path, Tower of Medicine again. Is it possible to change this way?'

It seemed so.

'I can change paths in my life. And I can change paths and then go back to the same path again. That's realistic.'