Chapter 31

"Do you remember what Sir Raymond said?"

"Yes, that he would rather burn himself than burn these children. And then he would take the kids with him. I really couldn't get my head around it."

"That's right. He said he would die if he could save the patient."

For reference, Raymond never said that.

Rumors continued to cross and misrepresent.

"I will respect him from now on."

"Yeah, the same goes for me. He's not just a healer. There won't be anyone in the world as great as him."

"I can't believe there was a prince like this."

"But didn't he say that he is an illegitimate child and not a prince?"

"I don't know. Anyway, he's far more brilliant than the princes before him."

In this way, Raymond attracted the people of the slums.

No one doubted Raymond.

Raymond was a "proud healer" to the people of the slums.

That was not all.

A few days later, an incident occurred that captured the hearts of the poor more perfectly. It was the day of the death of a patient in the treatment center.

"No! Hanson, press it with a cloth! Hurry up! Properly!"

"Yes, senior!"

"If this continues, this patient will die! Come on!"

It was a crash.

The patient was already splattered with blood when he arrived at the treatment center.

The worst and most severely injured patient that even "Earth" could not keep alive.

There was no way that Raymond and Hanson could have saved the patient, as the patient had a severe resuscitation rate of less than half.

No matter how much they struggled with their handiwork, it was futile.

Eventually, the patient had cardiac arrest an hour after coming to the treatment center and died after cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

"Damn it!"

Raymond dropped his head.

It was the first patient he had ever lost.

Unexplainable emotions gnawed at his chest. It was stuffy, frustrating, heartbreaking, and tearing.

- Doctors should learn and grow through the sacrifice of patients.

A general medicine phrase came to mind, but it didn't enter his head.

He just felt like his heart was going to explode.

'I don't want to experience this again.'

Raymond pursed his lips.

Of course, he knew.

Anytime you treat a patient, you have to face this kind of thing.

Any healer, any doctor. You can't keep every patient alive.

He was sure he would have countless more experiences like this in the future.

The important thing was to do the best he could.

And bury the patient in his heart and work hard to make sure it never happens again.

He knew all of that clearly, but he couldn't help but feel sad.