Chapter 121

[You're gaining experience!]

[You're leveling up!]

Amidst this surge of leveling up, Raymond was so engrossed in tending to his patients that he didn't even notice the messages.

How many days passed by?

Then, the flow of patients abruptly ceased.

The heavy rain outside showed no signs of relenting.

Swwaaa.

"It seems the rain won't be letting up anytime soon. It appears there will be a temporary lull in the fighting."

Raymond sighed at Rao's words.

'At least that's a relief. I can catch my breath.'

As usual, it didn't feel good to see soldiers dying.

He'd never gotten used to seeing patients die.

It always made him feel the worst.

'If only I was better, I could have saved them.'

He kept thinking.

'One day, I'll reach the ultimate in medicine and be the best, so I won't have to feel this way as much.'

Raymond clenched his fists.

He knew it was a hard dream, but he would do his best.

After making this promise to himself, he relaxed for a moment, watching the rain fall, when suddenly there was a commotion outside.

"No! Get back!"

"P-please! I beg of you!"

It was a little girl's voice!

To his horror, he went outside and saw a little girl crying and clinging to the soldiers standing guard!

"My mother is dying, please heal her!"

"No! We can't heal the people of Droton."

The soldiers pushed the girl away with troubled faces.

Poor thing, being asking to heal someone from an enemy nation. It was ridiculous.

Just then, the girl spotted Raymond and fell to her knees.

"Y-you're a healer, aren't you? My mom is dying, please help her!"

'The people of Droton?'

Raymond looked confused.

'It's not as if there is a legal prohibition against treating individuals from enemy nations during times of war.'

In the laws of the Twelve Kingdoms, no provision explicitly forbids healers from extending their aid to those hailing from adversary lands.

The Tower of Healing, a transnational organization, plays a pivotal role in this matter.

Its Code of Conduct emphasized the obligation of healers to provide treatment without discriminating based on nationality.

However, in practice, very few healers would venture to treat individuals from enemy countries during wartime.

The fear of potential repercussions and accusations looms over them.

'In the worst-case scenario, I could be accused of colluding with the enemy.'

This apprehension held merit, as historical accounts bear witness to healers being accused of collaborating with adversaries during conflicts.

'What should I do?'