Chapter 98

Just as he was about to frown, Odin said.

Was it an illusion?

His voice was less cold than usual, a voice that a stranger might have mistaken for warmth.

"You're not wrong, but don't be reckless. That's not courage, it's all-purpose."

And with that, he flashed forward again. Raymond stood there, dumbfounded.

"What?"

He scratched his head.

'Those words. He's not worried, is he?'

No way.

Absolutely no way.

***

The strange climb continued.

Odin led the way, and Raymond followed in silence.

If a monster threatened them, somehow Odin's aura blade would fly out.

After several repetitions, Raymond made a strange face.

'It's like... protection.'

No, it wasn't just a feeling; Odin was actually protecting Raymond as if he weren't.

Raymond laughed in disbelief.

'What. Protecting me.'

In truth, it wasn't all that strange.

It was only natural for a knight to protect a healer when the party was exploring a dangerous area.

But when it was Odin, Raymond couldn't help but feel strange.

It was only natural for a son to be protected by his father.

But he had never been protected by Odin in his life.

But now that he had a similar experience in a place like this, there was an ethereal feeling.

It wasn't a good feeling, of course.

It was tainted by memories of the pain he'd suffered from neglect.

If only Odin had protected him in the past, if only he had said a word, he wouldn't have had to suffer.

But Odin hadn't.

He had abandoned him completely.

Citing his royal duties.

'Damn.'

He bit his lip and headed back up, where Odin was waiting for him at the top of the ridge with a clear view.

"I've got the Shabel Tiger."

A tiger the size of a house, with incisors as long as blades.

The Shabel Tiger was lying on the ground, dead!

The Sword Master.

He had captured the Shavel Tiger, which was said to be a Class A monster.

"I congratulate you on safely completing the victory ritual. Let's go down now."

Raymond turned his back.

He wanted to end this unpleasant companionship as soon as possible, but then Odin caught him.

"Wait. Come closer. I have something to tell you."

"...?"

Something?

As he approached with a puzzled look on his face, Odin asked an unexpected question.

"Can you see down there?"