Chapter 155

"Ah, but even a genius can only learn so much on their own..."

"Indeed, there can be limitations to solitary study."

"That's correct; that's why you should consider starting classes immediately!"

"If I ever reach my limit, I'll seek out lessons then."

"...Huh?"

"Until that point, I'll focus on self-study."

Raymond stated this matter-of-factly.

"For the time being, self-paced learning suits me best. I've found that leisurely approaching magic as a hobby is the most effective way for me to make progress."

Shameron was momentarily at a loss for words.

There were instances of exceptionally gifted individuals who pursued self-guided magical learning.

However, such self-study usually applied only up to Basic (D-rank) magic.

When it came to Standard (C-grade) magic, most prodigies eventually encountered their limitations. Beyond that, Advanced (B-grade), High Advanced (A-grade), and Complex (A+ grade) magic were realms where solo learning was nearly impossible.

"Even for a genius, there are limits to self-teaching..."

"Indeed, I am well aware of that. I don't mean to suggest that I'll rely solely on self-study, but rather, if I ever encounter a barrier, I'll seek out formal lessons."

When Raymond said that, Shameron groaned, unable to encourage him further.

"Alright, I'll do that then, but please let me know right away if you have any difficulty with self-taught."

"Thank you."

"I'll be waiting."

Raymond smirked to himself.

'Wait a hundred days. The day I contact you.'

He practiced his magic with skill.

There was no need to ask for lessons in the future.

'Very good anyway.'

Raymond couldn't help but snort.

He'd gotten the title of Swordmaster's Student for almost nothing, and he'd gotten a 50% discount from the Magic Tower.

It was a happy day.

'Now if I could just get the prize I wanted.'

The moment of reckoning was fast approaching.

'Of course I'll get the land I asked for, right?'

Raymond's heart was pounding.

He felt like a child anticipating a gift.

'If I get the land I asked for, I'll never have to work again, and I'll be able to live off the land for the rest of my life.'

That's what hr was thinking.

He heard a gravelly voice.

"Long time no see, how are you?"

Shining silver hair and sculpted features despite his middle age.

It was Marquis Aris!

'Heup.'

Raymond sucked in a breath.

This was now the number one person he feared to meet.

He bowed as cautiously as he could.

"Your Grace, it is an honor to meet the glory of the Royal Knights, Marquis Aris."